Versus to Use the Rail-Cam during ASG, adds Messier as Analyst

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
VERSUS BRINGS BACK RAIL CAM FOR 2007 NHL ALL-STAR GAME
AT AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER IN DALLAS

STAMFORD, Conn. (January 18, 2007)—VERSUS, the national cable television home of the NHL, today announced that the network will employ its unique high-definition rail camera (Rail Cam) during their coverage of the 2007 NHL All-Star celebration. Rail Cam will be used extensively during VERSUS' coverage of the NHL YoungStars and Dodge Nitro/SuperSkills competition on Tuesday, January 23 at 7:30 p.m. ET as well as on Wednesday, January 24 at 8 p.m. ET when the best of the Eastern and Western Conferences clash at the American Airlines Center in Dallas for the 55th annual NHL All-Star game.

VERSUS analysts Mike “Doc†Emrick and Eddie Olczyk will be joined in the booth by 15-time All-Star Mark Messier, who won six Stanley Cups with the Edmonton Oilers and New York Rangers. Reporters Christine Simpson and Bob Harwood will provide rink-side updates for the All-Star telecast.

http://media.nhl.com/media/app?service=page&page=PressReleaseView&id=4695

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Depending on how Messier does, maybe they should hire him and put him with Doc anyways.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
I think Doc should do every game by himself.

That is the basic problem with NHL analysts, most of the time, we'd just prefer Doc to do the game by his damn self. He probably could too.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Why would you want to watch the CBC's broadcasts? I've recently turned on Versus but I still think the Versus' broadcast is superior if Cole and Neale are calling it Versus' Emrick and Olczyk.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
CBC's production value sucks! The picture is grainy and the comentators are such marks for Canadian teams. I know they live in Canada, but come on! A little subjectiveness please...

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Hopefully the Rail-Cam will be done better this time. It's a cool camera but can get annoying. Especially when you see it going back and forth while watching from the normal angle. Gets in the way of the game.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
They'll use it primarily during the skills comp. during the breakaway relay or something like that I'd assume..

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
The rail cam was terribile. You couldnt even see more than about two players, and it was always behind the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->