Versus - new name, new programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I hope they give us an alternative to "Sportscenter".
And I hope it doesn't do what ESPN does in overload the viewers with sports and highlights from games they broadcast and nothing else.

So you don't want them placing an emphasis on hockey? You think they should give more time to basketball because basketball has more fans? I wish ESPN cared less about their sports and gave more time to hockey, but I can't say the same about VS/NBC Sports. I don't care about the emphasis of business over sports highlights for the greater good. I just want more hockey shows.

I guess it raises the question of what you want the new Versus to be. Do you want it to be an alternative to ESPN or do you want it to be a home for hockey fans (and fans of other sports that Vs. shows)? If it's the former, you'll get your hockey coverage, but you won't get as much hockey coverage as basketball or baseball coverage and you won't get even close to as much hockey coverage as football coverage. Personally, I'd hope for something in between, where VS/NBC Sports picks up Thursday Night Football games and more college football and has sportcenter-like shows that emphasize hockey and football (and baseball, especially in the summer). But you can't complain about ESPN showing only their sports if you want Versus to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
they can create a hockey only highlight show in the Baseball Tonight or NFL Live mold (I think they already have one?) and then create an all sports highlight show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad