Versus moving (mod: channel cluster)

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
anyone think Versus should move to the former ESPN Classic channel (48)?

Mod note: This is related to channel clustering/tiers moreso than just moving to a specific channel number (which is different on just about every regional cable system, as well as satellite).

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
On Comcast (cable), they can (and have) move channels around as often as they like.

They've been working for years to group channels in clustsers depending on which tier you're on.

Now, if they want to "up" ESPN Classic, and push Versus "down", they might make a move as the OP discussed.

Other than convenience, and tier grouping, why move it?

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
on U-Verse, the channel structure is very weird in the sports tier... the NHL Network actually comes before Versus.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
ESPN Classic is not available on channel 48.

In New England, channel 47 is The Weather Channel, Channel 48 is empty, and Channel 49 is ESPN.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Every local system is different. Where I live (I have comcast) Versus is channel 71 (and channel 448 for HD) while ESPN Classic is channel 728 not available in HD.

Kind of hard to have this discussion on here if everyone has different channel lineups.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Bare with me for a sec. I just switched from Comcast to DirecTV about two months ago...

Prior to the switch, Comcast (Standard Def) had a cluster of ESPN, ESPN2, FSN, Versus, and the Golf Channel as channels 27-31. HD was similar, with the Big Ten Network in there, too. 250-253, IIRC.

Now, I hear that Comcast just moved everything around again here in the Pittsburgh market. Sorry to give a two month old report, but that;s the best I got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad