Vermette vs Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:
Where did you get the 'competative' part from?

Anyone who's ever played any kind of hockey knows that the last thing you want is shoved face first into the boards.

Go find it yourself and prove it wasn't a cheap shot.

From from what you remember? I've seen the hit numerous times. I saw it when it originally happened and it was as blatant a cheap shot as you can get.

oh my, excuse me, so take competative out, sorry, but i havent seen the boards up recently at the local pond hockey games........

Hey, i was just trying to be open minded, i dont need to find it because i know it wasnt dirty.

You want to claim it is, then you prove it other than that i could really care less what you think about it

:jump:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
bb_fan said:
wow, and i thought Montreal fans were bad were comparing Thornton to the next coming of Lucifer,,,,,yes i remember the hit, and i think the puck was in the area, hence both players going for it, or something to that effect, i dont claim to have a photographic memory of the incident, but from what i do remember, it wasnt a cheap hit by either guy.

What? :dunno:

1. What does that mean.
2. I didnt compare anyone to anyone else.
3. Last I checked Montreal fans werent comparing Thornton to Lucifer, actually they were saying he was a no-show

I'll try to lay out an analysis based on the facts as we know them

If both players are going for the puck, one of them ends up with it, right? Since hitting a guy who doesent have the puck is dirty, and you say the hit wasnt dirty one of the two players must have had the puck, right? The player that doesent have posession of said puck may or may not try to hit the player that does, in fact have possesion of said puck, right? When there is a knee on knee collison or a low-bridging hit, the player getting a busted knee is the player getting hurt because the other player was ready for the collison, right? Therefore since Varada ended up getting hurt and busting up his knee, he must have had the puck and received the hit, right? Since Varada had the puck and received the hit, then, since we are talking about two players Bergeron must have hit him, right? Finally since a knee on knee or a low-bridge hit is a dirty hit, whether or not the victim has the puck, the Bergeron on Varada hit was in fact dirty, right?

Thats being said the hit could'nt quite be place into the low-bridge category or into the knee on knee category, it was more of a hybrid, but since both of those are dirty, I think the hit was dirty. AND I would like to officially dub it a Bergeron, as in ohhh he pulled a Bergeron on him, or ahhh *cringe* he Bergeron'd him.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I know that this is a Vermette vs Bergeron post and I like both players but I would take Vermette simply because of the potential offensive ability. I would like to compare Vermette with Spezza. Didn'T Vermette have more points than Spezza one year in junior 117 points??? What was Spezza's highest point year in junior?

My opinion is that Vermette may be better than Spezza when all is said and done. I see Spezza as being a problem child, problems seem to follow him wherever he has gone with organizations or coaches, similar to Lindros and Shremp. He seems lazy defensively, tries to pull off the same dipsey doodle moves too often and sometimes seems to put himself above the team.

On the other hand the Sens players seem to love Vermette and so do his coaches. He is already better than Spezza defensively and we know he can score too. He led Bingo in scoring two years ago and leads them so far this year. Spezza has the greater potential of the two and I hope he will fulfill it but something about him is troubling. But not with Vermette, he tries hard every time he touches the ice, he works hard, he checks and he scores. Vermette, Fisher and Havlat would be an interesting line. Is Vermette better than Schaefer at left wing?

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Im a sens fan and I would definatly take Bergeron. He is three years younger, more physical and outscored Vermette. He has also played in the world championships, definatly Bergeron. Whoever is picking Vermette in my opinion is a homer.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
aragorn said:
I know that this is a Vermette vs Bergeron post and I like both players but I would take Vermette simply because of the potential offensive ability. I would like to compare Vermette with Spezza. Didn'T Vermette have more points than Spezza one year in junior 117 points??? What was Spezza's highest point year in junior?

A little hard to compare stats from the OHL and Q. The Q is definitely the higher scoring, and less defense oriented league of the two.

Why do you think so many great goaltenders come from the Q?

They get a lot of practice :snide:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
aragorn said:

My opinion is that Vermette may be better than Spezza when all is said and done. I see Spezza as being a problem child, problems seem to follow him wherever he has gone with organizations or coaches, similar to Lindros and Shremp. He seems lazy defensively, tries to pull off the same dipsey doodle moves too often and sometimes seems to put himself above the team.

On the other hand the Sens players seem to love Vermette and so do his coaches. He is already better than Spezza defensively and we know he can score too. He led Bingo in scoring two years ago and leads them so far this year. Spezza has the greater potential of the two and I hope he will fulfill it but something about him is troubling. But not with Vermette, he tries hard every time he touches the ice, he works hard, he checks and he scores. Vermette, Fisher and Havlat would be an interesting line. Is Vermette better than Schaefer at left wing?

Spezza is more talented offensively, and has produced more ppg at every level, but Vermette does have some great offensive potential. His release is really something - he is going to score a lot of goals in the NHL.

I really think Spezza has shown he has was it takes to commit and become a great player. He has been a trooper. Does he make the dipsy doodle moves too often still? Yup. But that's just part of learning when to do what. He's already improved quite a bit over the last few years and that should continue. Vermette has also tried a few moves at inopportune times.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Spezza is more talented offensively, and has produced more ppg at every level, but Vermette does have some great offensive potential. His release is really something - he is going to score a lot of goals in the NHL.

I really think Spezza has shown he has was it takes to commit and become a great player. He has been a trooper. Does he make the dipsy doodle moves too often still? Yup. But that's just part of learning when to do what. He's already improved quite a bit over the last few years and that should continue. Vermette has also tried a few moves at inopportune times.

Another thing to think of when it comes to Vermette, is that last season he was brought along slowly much the same way that Spezza was in his first season under Martin. This could all change next season under Murray. He could potentially see a lot of ice time; especially if you consider the lack of scoring depth on LW for the Sens.

rebedom

Nov 27, 2003
Legionnaire said:
A little hard to compare stats from the OHL and Q. The Q is definitely the higher scoring, and less defense oriented league of the two.

Why do you think so many great goaltenders come from the Q?

They get a lot of practice :snide:

I saw both Spezza and Vermette at the development and rookie camps and was much more impressed with Vermette than Spezza. Spezza seems lazy and not totally comitted to what he should be doing. I guess he gets the same rap that Mario had his first few years. Vermette has great wheels and has also proven he can score including leading Bingo two yrs ago in scoring. He does seem to be a little slow developing in the pros but maybe that has more to do with coaching, ice time and line mates.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
rebedom said:
I saw both Spezza and Vermette at the development and rookie camps and was much more impressed with Vermette than Spezza. Spezza seems lazy and not totally comitted to what he should be doing. I guess he gets the same rap that Mario had his first few years. Vermette has great wheels and has also proven he can score including leading Bingo two yrs ago in scoring. He does seem to be a little slow developing in the pros but maybe that has more to do with coaching, ice time and line mates.

Spezza needs to take a lesson from guys like Alfy, Fisher, Vermette, Chara, etc. Hard work definately pays off, and he isn't going to get any better unless he puts that effort in.

Vermette definately saw the weakness at LW and ran with it. He went from a prospect that might make the NHL to a potential top 6 winger if he continues to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->