Vermette vs Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Vermette for me! Smarter player, smarter guy, fast as hell, great hands and offensive potential and plays well in a checking role. If he had more ice time in Ottawa, he could rack the points imo. I wish the habs had him.

RangerFan4Life*

Vermette will be someone like Guy Carbeneau and I dont know about the other dude cause ive never seen him play.

gabpas

Jan 25, 2003
Aylmer
Visit site
bleublancrouge said:
Antoine Vermette vs Patrice Bergeron. Which one would you take? Which one will have a bigger impact in the nhl?

I would take them both on my team. Bergeron will have better opportunities in Boston. There are a lot of good forwards on Ottawa and it may take Vermette longer to reach his potential. However I would not be surprised to see Vermette traded at some point by Ottawa.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
gabpas said:
I would take them both on my team. Bergeron will have better opportunities in Boston. There are a lot of good forwards on Ottawa and it may take Vermette longer to reach his potential. However I would not be surprised to see Vermette traded at some point by Ottawa.

I doubt it. A fast, hard-working, young C/LWer who isn't afraid of physical play isn't exactly the type of player Ottawa would want to trade away.

gabpas

Jan 25, 2003
Aylmer
Visit site
Sting004 said:
I doubt it. A fast, hard-working, young C/LWer who isn't afraid of physical play isn't exactly the type of player Ottawa would want to trade away.
He almost got traded to Washington last spring plus Muckler is also known for not being high on french speaking players. I agree with your assessment though that he is not the type of player Ottawa would want to trade away.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
gabpas said:
He almost got traded to Washington last spring plus Muckler is also known for not being high on french speaking players. I agree with your assessment though that he is not the type of player Ottawa would want to trade away.

That was a rumour..I believe Muckler didn't make that move specifically because Vermette was going to be involved. I know for a fact he's high on him cause he's said so in the past :)

Vic Rattlehead*

Sting004 said:
Bergeron is a C/RW who also isn't afraid of physical play(Varada and Volchenkov can tell you that ;) ) who works his butt off every night.

YellHockey*

19bruins19 said:
Bergeron is a C/RW who also isn't afraid of physical play(Varada and Volchenkov can tell you that ;) )

You're mistaking physical with cheap.

Running Volchenkov from behind wasn't physical. It was cheap.

It'll be nice to see Volchenkov destroy the little weasel in one of the six matchups the teams will have every year.

Vic Rattlehead*

BlackRedGold said:

It'll be nice to see Volchenkov destroy the little weasel in one of the six matchups the teams will have every year.
If you watched many Bruins games, you would have saw that he was physical. Nice try though.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'd probably take Bergeron at this point, although they're similar players in many ways. Bergeron is younger, but his track record isn't quite as impressive. I was quite impressed with him every time I saw him last year though, but the same can be said for Vermette.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
BlackRedGold said:

I'd be worried if I was Patrice. Having an amazing open ice monster like Volchenkov and a cheap ******* like Varada gunning for you isnt a situation i'd like to be in.

Vic Rattlehead*

Bileur said:
I'd be worried if I was Patrice. Having an amazing open ice monster like Volchenkov and a cheap ******* like Varada gunning for you isnt a situation i'd like to be in.
Then they should be worried about Boynton and Lapointe who know how to dish it out as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->