why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
29iwpi.jpg

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Love it!

Side note, it was reported that both Verlander and Cole were in talks on a new contract but Cole denied the report. Unfortunately I don't think he sticks around but I hope I'm wrong.

Very nice with Verlander. Figured he'd be the one to nail down first. Cole being a Boras client isn't encouraging, but we'll see what happens. It's a long season.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Seems like yesterday his contract was declared one of the worst in baseball and that he was finished.

Still have the feeling he will end his career in Detroit.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Seems like yesterday his contract was declared one of the worst in baseball and that he was finished.

Still have the feeling he will end his career in Detroit.

That was warranted given how much he sucked his last 4 years in Motown, especially 2014. A young, stacked team is exactly what he needed to revive his career.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Pardon me for reviving this thread, but I just stumbled upon one tidbit: When Verlander was traded to the Astros, Houston obviously made him waive a vesting option for 2020 by which his contract would have been extended for one year at $ 28m if Verlander finished among the top 5 in Cy Young voting. Verlander agreed to this, waived this option and will now earn $ 5m more in 2020 (regardless of any voting results and without the Tigers pitching in $ 8m/year anymore). I just found it interesting.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad