Speculation: Verizon Center to be renamed Capital One ARENA (official: name changed already)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hilarious, they changed the name at the last minute.

Good, PPG Paints Arena retains the title of worse arena name. I guess they considered the lessor of 2 evils, that vs Consol Fracking Public Places Arena LLC. I still cannot believe they are fracking at Pitts freaking international airport.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
A hype video for an arena name change?

Truly capitalism knows no bounds.

When you realize that the capitalistic system controls your life and surrounds you permanently:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Now we just need to change the name of the team, burn the jerseys and come up with something completely different and just flat out REFUSE to play the penguins in the playoffs.

Sep 19, 2008
40m possibly going to arena upgrades (food / concessions / etc)

I'm all for better food...the food at Verizon was pretty tame other than a few splurgy options. Nothing special about the chicken tenders, but at least they had Chick FilA (even if it's soggy :laugh:)

Honest truth is sadly that most major league food you're going to get is going to be of mediocre quality. Lately the big deal for me is eating outside a park and then going inside. Bring sandwiches into Nats Park all the time. Sadly they don't let you do that at Verizon.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
40m possibly going to arena upgrades (food / concessions / etc)

I'm all for better food...the food at Verizon was pretty tame other than a few splurgy options. Nothing special about the chicken tenders, but at least they had Chick FilA (even if it's soggy :laugh:)

Honest truth is sadly that most major league food you're going to get is going to be of mediocre quality. Lately the big deal for me is eating outside a park and then going inside. Bring sandwiches into Nats Park all the time. Sadly they don't let you do that at Verizon.

There are a few nice Chinese restaurants near the corner of H and 7th street. Not to expensive, I went there to stuff my face before the game during my trip to DC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad