Movies: Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Still haven't watched the first one.

Without the draw of the overarching meta story like the MCU I can't bring myself to watch superhero movies anymore.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Tom Hardy is my favorite actor. The way I look at his choice of certain roles like Venom is that he wants that money from time to time. And I don't blame him. But the number of other offbeat roles he takes that he makes is what does it for me. His role in Peaky Blinders is sublime. I'm doing a rewatch of Taboo and he is amazing. These roles probably pay peanuts compared to his big time Hollywood flicks.

I hope my favorite actors get paid lots of money and I don't very much care that it isn't from the tv show or movies I consume.

Peaky Blinders is a show that I time to time can start to tune out from because a lot of the story beats do tend to be pretty repetitive. But man. Every time Tom Hardy was on screen...every single time I'd zero in like crazy and then rewind the entire scene to see it again. He was so damn good.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Peaky Blinders is a show that I time to time can start to tune out from because a lot of the story beats do tend to be pretty repetitive. But man. Every time Tom Hardy was on screen...every single time I'd zero in like crazy and then rewind the entire scene to see it again. He was so damn good.
That scene with Tommy in the garage or wherever it was is so good.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Still haven't watched the first one.

Without the draw of the overarching meta story like the MCU I can't bring myself to watch superhero movies anymore.
It's ok. Tom Hardy is great in it, but the supporting cast and storyline are meh.

I'm hoping it's crosses over into the MCU so we can see Feige work with Hardy as Venom

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Looks pretty bad, I'll watch it but I have to go back and watch the first one cos the first 15 minutes alone were terrible. What a waste this is, a shame it isn't owned by Marvel.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Guess I am in the minority, I liked the first one and the trailer looks fine. The CGI for the symbiots great and Hardy is amazing as pretty much always.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
The Hardy/Venom interplay was kinda fun but other than that I thought Venom was trash. Good actors wasted. Bland story. This could be better because we'll get more Hardy and Venom and I'm a big Woody Harrelson fan and he's a good sport. High potential for this to be a giant incoherent CGI mess though (which the first one was too). Ruben Fleischer is a bad director. Zombieland is fine but everything since has been straight garbage.

Reactions: Jussi

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The Hardy/Venom interplay was kinda fun but other than that I thought Venom was trash. Good actors wasted. Bland story. This could be better because we'll get more Hardy and Venom and I'm a big Woody Harrelson fan and he's a good sport. High potential for this to be a giant incoherent CGI mess though (which the first one was too). Ruben Fleischer is a bad director. Zombieland is fine but everything since has been straight garbage.
Except he is not the director of the second one.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Second trailer dropped today:

The Venom-Hardy banter will be fun to watch and Harrelson looks like he'll make a good Carnage ... It does look like it'll be a CGI crapshow though.

Still watchable.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
We see Kasady's gf Shriek using her powers in this trailer. Looks ok, figure I'll go see it.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Looks fine. Doesn't have its head up its own ass like the MCU stuff. Might've turned the buddy comedy dial up a bit from the first one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad