Velociraptor's Annual NHL Mock Entry Draft

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Hey All, Velociraptor here. I've hosted a few drafts in previous years and they have been successful.

We will begin on SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH, 2011. I'll decide the order on February 10th, which will be the NHL standings at the time, the draft board will follow accordingly. There will be a separate thread for drafting, to divide the discussion between trading and picking. All trades/trade talk will be discussed in this thread. You can begin drafting on the 12th at Midnight EST, but the clocks will not begin until 12 noon EST, in case a manager is unable to pick due to sleep.

RULES:

1. 1 team per poster, and you must have 500 posts to your credibility, 300 if registered user. (**NOTE** If you can promise me that you will stay active throughout the entire duration of this draft, I will let you participate, but you will be on a shorter leash than other GM's, because last year we had a lot of inactive teams while the draft was in progress.)
2. Standard draft rules, 7 rounds, 210 selections
3. Trading is ALLOWED, but it has to meet my expectation and two other GM's. No lopsided trades please, we all want this to be a fun experience so everybody has a good time. These are always a blast and last somewhere from a month and a half to two months. So let's have some fun here guys.
4. We will be following a 12 hour clock, if you miss your turn you are skipped, if you do not make your pick in 24 hours, you will be assigned a consensus selection (BPA) by me or another GM, it will need to be confirmed by 2 other managers. If it happens twice I have no choice but to kick you from the draft. We want to keep this at a fast & fun pace so we all get our share of drafting.
5. Drafting from the 2011 Entry Draft Class (Larsson, Couturier, etc.)
6. The order will be picked from the NHL standings to the night prior to start time, this means you have to consider potential movement up and down when dealing draft picks.
7. Any trades that happen from now until the trade deadline will NOT apply towards the draft board. What the draft board is at right now, is the one we follow. (i.e. Toronto's first round selection still belongs to Boston, but any trade that would happen over the next month would not change the draft board) But all trades as of January 29th, 2011 are taken into account.
8. You MUST notify the GM drafting after you via personal message, I cannot stress this enough. This is by far the most important process of the mock draft. We all have lives, so were not always looming the thread. Please try your very hardest to remember. And guys, even if your just dawdling around the board, feel free to drop the GM a notice. It's always appreciated so we can keep a healthy flow here.
9. HAVE FUN! Nothing too serious, it's all for a good time, no one get too serious. For some information regarding draft prospects, CSS (most reliable IMO) http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm has recently posted their Mid-Season rankings, and you can check out a couple of mock drafts at www.mynhldraft.com.
10. This isn't GM game, it is a mock draft. So I won't be focusing on free agency, re-signings or buyouts. Just trading and drafting prospects, you are able to do as you wish (re-sign, etc.) but you won't need my clarification and such as it is not the point of this draft.

All the best guys, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me a personal message, I'd be obliged to answer any of your questions, Thanks!

Mike

GM's

ANA - Hale the Villain
ATL - Jesker
BOS - Backstrom #19
BUF - CooperDean
CAL - Ovechkin007
CAR - DaveG
CHI - thefeebster
COL - Hasbro
CBJ - Timeless Winter
DAL - Modo
DET - Cup
EDM - Joey Moss
FLA - fong p88
LA - redwingsfan
MIN - CircularTheory
MTL - Louis Houde
NSH - VikingAv
NJ - The Scouting Report
NYI - Thisisacodee
NYR - Brian Boyle
OTT - Canuck71
PHI - BiLLY_ShOE1721
PHX - El Nino
PIT - themonkey
ST.L - Prussian_Blue
SJ - zaluty
TB - Bruno Mars
TOR - TribalPhoenix
VAN - Velociraptor
WSH - Langway

Code:
[B]Trades:[/B]

[B]No.1: [COLOR="Red"]DETROIT[/COLOR]/[COLOR="DarkOrange"]BUFFALO[/COLOR][/B]

Detroit acquires:
G Ryan Miller
BUF 2011 2nd Round Selection
BUF 2011 4th Round Selection

Buffalo acquires:
G Jimmy Howard
D Jakub Kindl
DET 2011 1st Round Selection

[B]No.2: [COLOR="DarkOrange"]BUFFALO[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Yellow"]BOSTON[/COLOR][/B]

Buffalo acquires:
D Yuri Alexandrov
TOR 2011 1st Round Selection

Boston acquires:
C Nathan Gerbe
BUF 2011 1st Round Selection
DET 2011 1st Round Selection

[B]No.3: [COLOR="yellow"]PITTSBURGH[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Green"]DALLAS[/COLOR][/B]

Pittsburgh acquires:
D Matt Niskanen
DAL 2011 1st Round Selection
DAL 2011 3rd Round Selection

Dallas acquires:
D Alex Goligoski
RW Eric Tangradi
D Ben Lovejoy

[B]No.4: [COLOR="Blue"]EDMONTON[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Yellow"]PITTSBURGH[/COLOR][/B]

Edmonton acquires:
D Simon Despres
PIT 2011 1st Round Selection
DAL 2011 3rd Round Selection

Pittsburgh acquires:
RW Ales Hemsky

[B]No.5: [COLOR="Red"]CHICAGO[/COLOR]/[COLOR="DarkRed"]PHOENIX[/COLOR][/B]

Chicago acquires:
RW Mikkel Boedker
PHX 2011 1st Round Selection

Phoenix acquires:
RW Phillipe Paradis
CHI 2011 1st Round Selection

[B]No.6: [COLOR="Yellow"]BOSTON[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Orange"]NY ISLANDERS[/COLOR][/B]

Boston acquires:
MTL 2011 2nd Round Selection (compensatory) 
NYI 2011 3rd Round Selection

NY Islanders acquire:
MIN 2011 2nd Round Selection
PHX 2011 3rd Round Selection

Last edited:

StayThirstyMyFreinds*

lol i pretty much made this account to do these mock drafts but yeah i will probably post more often

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
If SJ becomes available I will take it. I don't post often but have a very good record in these mock drafts

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
We can probably begin to discuss an earlier start date if the majority of us are alright with that?

March 3rd is a little bit of a stretch, and we have filled up the manager list much quicker than anticipated. So I'll propose something, and gather the general interest of the associated managers.

We can begin...

FEBRUARY 12TH - This is a Saturday, we could begin the clocks at 12 ET noon, but begin at the start of the day (12 ET midnight), an option we can explore as the weekend is usually the time most members are available.

FEBRUARY 16TH - I do believe I've started on Wednesday's every time I've hosted a mock draft, good time to start and it's not too far, or too close.

or the following Saturday (19th), the following Wednesday (23rd) or the original start date of March 3rd.

Based on what you guys would like, I am down for any of the following, I don't have any exams until April, and will still be active up to/during them, not as much as I would be from now until then. I just think we can start to begin a little earlier. If most of us are not down with an earlier start date, also not an issue, just like to see what you guys want to do as we are not waiting for any particular start/not in a rush.

So just post your preference, and based on voting we'll come up with our consensus!

Thanks guys!
VR

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Yeah, february 12th is ok for me too. Might as well since we've already got a full slate of managers.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
We'll start on the 12th, exactly one week from tomorrow. I will send out a manager notification sometime next week, I am not questioning your activity, it is just necessary to remind every manager of our start date change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad