Confirmed with Link: Velluci parting ways

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Any Canes (or I guess Checkers) fans willing to provide some insight on Vellucci? You know, just for when the Pens hire him midseason.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Any Canes (or I guess Checkers) fans willing to provide some insight on Vellucci? You know, just for when the Pens hire him midseason.
Not sure what system he'd run as he's run the same system as Peters and Brindy had in place. But the guy just flat out wins wherever he goes. The one thing I'd say is he's an excellent developmental coach so not sure I see him jumping to the Penguins HC spot unless they decide to go full on rebuild, which will never happen as long as they have Sid and Malkin. But among the guys he's coached up:

Tyler Seguin, James Neal, Rickard Rackell, Chad LaRose, Greg Campbell, Jeremy Smith

Reactions: emptyNedder

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
He is great with young players. The Checkers did a video compilation of their Calder Cup run. After every game he tells them to make sure they drink plenty and get enough sleep. It sounds cheesy when I write it, but it was actually said after telling them how important their playing as a team was after each game win or lose. He really wants the best for his young players. Not sure how he would handle NHL veterans—but he is sincere and appeared to be very popular with the team.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad