Veilleux vs Vermette

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Antoine Vermette will be a 40-60 point player who thrives on offense while Veilleux will be a 25-40 point player who plays a better defensive game.

Vermette has a lot more upside. I would take Vermette.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
TML said:
Antoine Vermette will be a 40-60 point player who thrives on offense while Veilleux will be a 25-40 point player who plays a better defensive game.

Vermette has a lot more upside. I would take Vermette.

While I agree on most things, I would like to add that Vermette's defensive game is at least as good as Veilleux's. I don't know what to say about Vermette's defensive game other than he was so good defensively and on the PK that the club couldn't help but put him in the line-up time after time even if they had originally planned for him to play in the AHL last year. Only Peter Schaeffer was better on the PK last year in my opinion (considering Fisher was hurt most of the year).

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
The only thing I see comparable is the name starting with "V" and the fact that they're both French Canadian.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Does Vermette fight guys like Avery :D :lol...

Seriously...Vermette over Veilleux but I like Veilleux as a replacement for Laaksonen...

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Vermette can be a great player in the NHL. He's improved his defense a lot since his junior days, and has the potential, IMO, to get 60-70 points in a good season. He's young and such a good skater that there's now way he can be compared to Steph Veilleux, who's more of a defensive player who can't score. Doesn't get great stats in the AHL if my memory's good. But Veilleux will fit perfectly on the Wild's third line in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->