Recalled/Assigned: Veilleux and Zucker up; Dowell and McMillan to Houston

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Star Tribune

With the Wild's season on the brink and facing a potential must-win tonight at Colorado, the Wild is expected to recall former University of Denver star Jason Zucker and energy bug Stephane Veilleux for tonight's game.

It sounds like Jake Dowell and Carson McMillan will be returned to Houston.

Zucker, 21, has scored four goals and one assist in 19 games for the Wild this year. If Veilleux plays, and at this point, why not, it would be his season debut, 461st NHL game and 383rd for the Wild.

Jason Pominville, I don't believe, traveled to Denver.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I thought Veilleux had been up the whole time.

He got recalled on "emergency basis" but had to be re-assigned because Rupp could play.

Also I like these callups but we made a mistake in keeping Butch after the deadline, he really has no spot on this team and its hard trying to find where he needs to fit in to suck less.

Anywho we all know its another desperate maneuver, last time it worked and we beat LA.

Man i'm trying not to panic, I can put up with my team being awful with lack of talent, but I cannot put up with my team having the pieces it need and then collapsing to miss the playoffs.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
At this point I'm pretty sure we're just chucking forwards at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Let's face it, even if Zucker played horribly during his last call up, there's no other choice. Even if you barely win this one, it's a new start in the playoffs and anything can happen.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Different year, same story with the musical chairs. Hopefully Veilleux plays tonight, should've got an opportunity a week ago on the emergency recall.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Yeo and his indecisiveness proves he is over his head. They miss out on playoffs it's time to bring in a veteran coach who has a set and knows how to handle veteran players as well as rookies.

Billy Mays Here*

Veilleux could teach a few of our forwards a thing or two about hustle and not giving up. He may not be very skilled, but at least Veilleux is out there giving it his all night in and night out.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Veilleux could teach a few of our forwards a thing or two about hustle and not giving up. He may not be very skilled, but at least Veilleux is out there giving it his all night in and night out.

Very true. As 4th liners go, he's one of the good ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad