Vehicle Flags - Year round or Playoffs only?

when is it approtiate to fly your team flag on your vehicle?

• Total voters

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Debate I'm having with a friend on whether or not there is a "code" or "rule" that you can only fly your team flag on your vehicle during playoffs. Claims that during the regular season is bad luck. I'm talking about the flags you stick on your window and becomes secured when the window is rolled up.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
The flags are usually of such poor quality, non durable, that you can't run them in our winter spring climate for much more than a month. Unless you want to be buying one every month the answer is at hand.

Usually these go from flags to rags in a short period of time.

Jebus, just cleaned the closet out and realized I had some old Oilers swag I didn't even remember I had, lol. Shirts, sweaters, Toque I didn't even want to wear through all the bad years..

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Where's the NEVER option?

The only correct answer is Never.

What's wrong with you people? :huh: :thumbd:

I'm torn on the question myself. Always like seeing an Oilers flag on a vehicle, but I also really like how the vehicle flags really start to appear around town when we're in the playoffs, just adds to the excitement and energy in the city.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Just reminded me, I’m going to put my flags from 2006 on until it snows again. I have 2 for each window and rigged up a custom for my slider in the back, 9 total.

My cousin Darel rigged up a flag pole that fits in my fifth wheel hitch but it went flying off on the QE 2 a few years back, friggun thing cost me $400 to fix that families windshield.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Debate I'm having with a friend on whether or not there is a "code" or "rule" that you can only fly your team flag on your vehicle during playoffs. Claims that during the regular season is bad luck. I'm talking about the flags you stick on your window and becomes secured when the window is rolled up.
City bylaw says they must only be attached from the first playoff game onward, and then for only 5 days after playoffs end for the team, unless they win the cup. Then, you are allowed to have them attached until the first regular season game of the following season. Your friend is correct. Fine is up to $250 first offence and then increases by $50 for each subsequent violation.

Reactions: the4thlinegrinder

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just reminded me, I’m going to put my flags from 2006 on until it snows again. I have 2 for each window and rigged up a custom for my slider in the back, 9 total.

My cousin Darel rigged up a flag pole that fits in my fifth wheel hitch but it went flying off on the QE 2 a few years back, friggun thing cost me $400 to fix that families windshield.
Does your other cousin Darel and brother to Darel have any flags?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Definitely playoffs only. It adds to the atmosphere and the excitement.

I remember in 2006 driving around in Calgary with Oilers flags and having other Oilers fans honking and giving the thumbs up.

It was a lot of fun...would love to see that happen again. :nod:

Reactions: RegDunlop and ujju2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If someone wants to rep them year long, I won't oppose it, just looks kind of silly when the Oilers suck (which is most of the time).

Personally I would only throw em up during Playoffs season.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

As your mother from Grande Prarie named Tiffany, short for Olga, I have to call you out for fibbing.

I put mine on only during the playoffs.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

Todd from Calgary always a comical post!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I honestly don't care.

I can see why people would put them on to start the year.

I can also see why people can only afford to go to a game a year would put them on when they are attending.

We are a very quite building, so anything that fires people up I'm all for.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
If you’re hardcore and want everyone on the road to know you like shooty-skate-puck then you keep the flags.
Play-offs is when my grandma who never watches hockey throws her Oilers flags on her SUV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->