GDT: Vegas @ Wild - 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gotta say, even with Stone and Pietrangelo missing, they looked like the better team. Not by much, but they were. Big Kahk was great, though. He has a funny, hunched over style, but he is quick side to side, and I bet he doesn't get many 5-hole ga's.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Gotta say, even with Stone and Pietrangelo missing, they looked like the better team. Not by much, but they were. Big Kahk was great, though. He has a funny, hunched over style, but he is quick side to side, and I bet he doesn't get many 5-hole ga's.

They weren't.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Well, I watched the game in question. And if you went to the NST game report, I believe that it would lean pretty heavily in our favor.
I think the game was fairly even, but we definitely had much more quality opportunities, and they came more often for us too. Vegas looked a bit puzzled at times trying to figure out how to generate scoring opportunities.

They were certainly better where it counted, though, and that's really all that matters. I thought Kahkonen looks very good. Little to no rebounds. He's really turning into something nice.

Reactions: 63firebird

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Congrats to Kahk on his first NHL shutout. Feeling pretty comfortable with him....actually, I feel a lot more comfortable with our goaltending this year.

you don’t miss Dubnyk? How many times did we see the Wild fight like hell and then he’d let in a softie and completely deflate the team. Now they have a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Agreed, I thought the Wild drove the play in the 1st and 3rd periods and even managed to be aggressive on offense and on the puck in the 3rd period when Vegas was clearly trying to turn up the heat.

And one of these games Kaprizov is going to be rewarded with the 3-4 point game that he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad