Vegas purchases AHL San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
These are the guys that post anything looking to get views. Fake news at its best. The same people that said Arizona was relocating to Houston.
Everything regarding Charlotte seem's completely made up there hasn't been any credible info that are moving or switching affiliations. The franchise itself has been quite successful since moving from Albany even though they have been on an island geographic wise.

Reactions: Barclay Donaldson

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Andy Strickland is about a thousand times more connected to what's going on in the NHL than anyone posting in this thread...

1. That’s a low mark to beat. It’s the expectation that a rink side reporter for a NHL team knows more us.

2. Read through his tweets. A lot of his takes have been *way* off for someone that who is a plugged in source.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Alright, similar to my proposal to realign the NHL into six divisions after Seattle joins, I've come up with a good 6-division alignment for the AHL.

East
Northeast
Bridgeport
Laval
Hartford
Providence
Springfield

South
Charlotte
Cleveland
Hershey
Lehigh Valley
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Lake Ontario
Belleville
Binghamton
Rochester
Syracuse
Toronto
Utica

West
Central
Chicago
Grand Rapids
Iowa
Milwaukee
Rockford

Pacific
Bakersfield
Ontario
Palm Springs
San Diego
San Jose
Stockton

Mountain
Colorado
Las Vegas (relocated San Antonio)
Manitoba
Texas
Tucson

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Alright, similar to my proposal to realign the NHL into six divisions after Seattle joins, I've come up with a good 6-division alignment for the AHL.

East
Northeast
Bridgeport
Laval
Hartford
Providence
Springfield

South
Charlotte
Cleveland
Hershey
Lehigh Valley
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Lake Ontario
Belleville
Binghamton
Rochester
Syracuse
Toronto
Utica

West
Central
Chicago
Grand Rapids
Iowa
Milwaukee
Rockford

Pacific
Bakersfield
Ontario
Palm Springs
San Diego
San Jose
Stockton

Mountain
Colorado
Las Vegas (relocated San Antonio)
Manitoba
Texas
Tucson

Sorry, all teams are going to move to Milwaukee and be called the Admirals. Home team will wear white and visiting team will wear black and they will share jerseys in order to reduce costs. One set of home and one set of roads. No names on the jerseys, just numbers.

They will all play in Adsfan's back yard.

Reactions: Barclay Donaldson

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Sorry, all teams are going to move to Milwaukee and be called the Admirals. Home team will wear white and visiting team will wear black and they will share jerseys in order to reduce costs. One set of home and one set of roads. No names on the jerseys, just numbers.

They will all play in Adsfan's back yard.

I don’t see why adsfan gets the games. I live right by a pond. Pond hockey!

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Sorry, all teams are going to move to Milwaukee and be called the Admirals. Home team will wear white and visiting team will wear black and they will share jerseys in order to reduce costs. One set of home and one set of roads. No names on the jerseys, just numbers. ...
Ban the on-ice officials & broadcast teams along with the fans from attending the games, and the jerseys won't even need numbers. :badidea:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If my 6-division alignment isn't utilized, this would put Grand Rapids, an Eastern time team, in with Colorado, a Mountain time team. Detroit, the parent team of Grand Rapids, complained about being in the NHL's West for years. And Grand Rapids may not like the idea of sharing a division with a Mountain time team.

The alternative to the 6-division setup would be for Vancouver, the last remaining Pacific/Mountain NHL team with their AHL team in the Eastern Conference, to move the Utica Comets to perhaps Boise and become an AHL Idaho Steelheads (this would require purchasing the ECHL Steelheads, who would likely relocate to Utica to become the ECHL Comets).

Because Tuscon is effectively on Pacific time during parts of the season, the AHL Steelheads would have to play in the Central Division, as they are on Mountain time all season long. This is the same reason I want the NHL's Western Conference divided into 3 divisions.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
If my 6-division alignment isn't utilized, this would put Grand Rapids, an Eastern time team, in with Colorado, a Mountain time team. Detroit, the parent team of Grand Rapids, complained about being in the NHL's West for years. And Grand Rapids may not like the idea of sharing a division with a Mountain time team.

The alternative to the 6-division setup would be for Vancouver, the last remaining Pacific/Mountain NHL team with their AHL team in the Eastern Conference, to move the Utica Comets to perhaps Boise and become an AHL Idaho Steelheads (this would require purchasing the ECHL Steelheads, who would likely relocate to Utica to become the ECHL Comets).

Because Tuscon is effectively on Pacific time during parts of the season, the AHL Steelheads would have to play in the Central Division, as they are on Mountain time all season long. This is the same reason I want the NHL's Western Conference divided into 3 divisions.

A couple of things:

1. An AHL Steelheads team would not "have to play in the Central Division" because they are Mountain Time Zone. League scheduling doesn't and has never worked like that. AHL Colorado is Mountain Time Zone, and they've been in the Pacific Division since their inception. NHL Pheonix is moving to the Central Division when Seattle joins, and they are Pacific Time Zone. Time zones are nowhere near the big factor you think they are.
2. The NHL isn't utilizing your 6 division plan, sorry to break it to you. They are big on four divisions, two conferences. They have a plan that works fine right now, and that is to make the AHL the mini-NHL in as many aspects as feasibly possible.
3. Grand Rapids would get over it being in a division with a Pacific or Mountain Time Zone team. No matter what happens, they'll be forced to share their division with a team with a big time difference. They already share it with exclusively Central Time Zone teams, adding one Mountain or Pacific Time Zone team won't be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
4. Vancouver would only move their team from Utica to Abbotsford in BC. That's been common news for more than five years now, I'm not sure where you're getting that Boise idea. (The (Underwhelming) Pros And (Considerable) Cons Of Moving The Utica Comets To Abbotsford). And Vancouver isn't going to be forced to move there simply so the league can be more balanced.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Is this where I point out that the AHL once had a division that had a team playing home games in Newfie Time and another in Mountain Time? Or the other time that they had a team on Eastern Time and another on Pacific Time?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Is this where I point out that the AHL once had a division that had a team playing home games in Newfie Time and another in Mountain Time? Or the other time that they had a team on Eastern Time and another on Pacific Time?
Only if you feel they are cogent rebuttals to one or more posters' hypotheses. Thank you for your cooperation.

Reactions: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad