Vegas over rated

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah I don't get it.

They sliced through the west last year no problem. 12-3 in the playoffs. What's different?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
They're still likely to make the playoffs because the Pacific is hot garbage.

Funny thing is last summer competing for a playoff spot two years after you come into the league would be considered a huge step for a new franchise's progression.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eisen

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
tenor.gif

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
They are barely 10 games in.

They have played 6 of their 9 games vs the east.

They are 2-0-1 vs the west.

Their #2 defenseman is suspended

They have 73 games to prove you wrong.

This site is the dumping grounds of those hot takes and small sample sizes. Relax.

20+ games in is always the point were you can start to see where the teams will seperate the good from bad. The Canucks are #1 in the pacific have been playing really well and finding ways to win. Horvat will be a Hart candidate and must mean they will be a playoff team this year.....please. just wait.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Last years team blew up the expectations for this team. We forget its their second season in the league.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Imagine a team being written off because of a 4-4-1 stretch in January without their #1 D available...

I do think a bit of a fall was inevitable, the perception between being an expansion team and being a Stanley Cup finalist is different and teams are going to be more prepared to face them this year than they were early last year...but it's way too early to say anything about their contender status right now, especially when their #1 D isn't available.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Funny how the narrative has changed from "unfair expansion draft team with all great players" to "they suck like we all knew already."
Lol exactly.

Doesn't matter what this team is doing, people can't wait to shit on them. We might as well call a spade a spade. People hated the expansion location and haven't stopped being bitter about it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They don't get the jump on everyone and they don't have to prove to everyone that they don't suck.

I'd still consider them a contender despite the weak start. They just need to find their legs (and get Schmidt back).

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Mediocre start. Always felt they had almost everything go right last year. This year is different and I believe a bubble team to make the playoffs. Back to earth.

Still too early to tell. I figure that they are a playoff team, we'll see.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Mediocre start. Always felt they had almost everything go right last year. This year is different and I believe a bubble team to make the playoffs. Back to earth.

I don’t think much others had a different view then that lol

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

A lot of injuries and a suspension. If that settles down, they are top 2 or 3 in Pacific.

It's fun to jump on the team with every loss, though. I'm sure they made your predictions look bad last year, thus the glee at their rocky start this year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How can they be overrated when a lot of people choose them as the team most likely to regress? I saw more people on this website call them a bottom 5 team than a cup contending one.
Because even though we had the same exact thread last week, we needed to make sure people kept kicking the Knights in the kidneys once they lost again. I mean clearly they couldn't do it after they destroyed Anaheim. But the second they don't get two points out of Vancouver then it's "let's get'm boys!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad