Proposal: Vegas/NYR

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Since the Rangers are trying to get faster and rebuild while Vegas is in win now mode I was thinking something like this.
Rangers trade Zuccarello in Exchange for Alex Tuch.

Reactions: Ori

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hell to the no. Tuch IS a win now player for us as is. If we're looking for an upgrade it's on the defense. Probably for picks and prospects. As far as roster players we'd only be looking to move a Lindberg or Eakin.

Reactions: derriko and HanSolo

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Since the Rangers are trying to get faster and rebuild while Vegas is in win now mode I was thinking something like this.

As a Rangers fan, I'd want more

Its not as if Zuccs would be a tough re-sign or that he wouldn't want back in NYC to help the rebuild.

Hockey trade or pass and Tuch is not a fair return

JayKnowsHockey

Nov 27, 2017
As a Rangers fan, I'd want more

Its not as if Zuccs would be a tough re-sign or that he wouldn't want back in NYC to help the rebuild.

Hockey trade or pass and Tuch is not a fair return

Im not a fan of either teams but id say trade is more than fair. Tuch is 9 years younger, will be cheaper and if giving the chance could/would probably have 50pts. Which is zuccarello numbers basically.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Im not a fan of either teams but id say trade is more than fair. Tuch is 9 years younger, will be cheaper and if giving the chance could/would probably have 50pts. Which is zuccarello numbers basically.
How is that fair for Vegas? Get similar production from a guy who isn't as much of a factor in clearing out and screening the crease on offense from a guy who is much older? It makes less than zero sense for Vegas.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
awful for vegas. they arent moving tuch for a year of zuccarello, especially not after landing patches

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What's special about him?
I can tell you, as someone who has watched 80+ games from him plus prospect camp, plus prospect scrimmages, plus preseason.

I want to know how you, someone who clearly doesn't watch...at least as much as I have, have arrived at such a conclusion. Because the impression I get is you just pulled up his stats and made presumptions.

I want to hear what you know about his playing style, his development curve, and how his play projects into the future and the rationale behind your conclusions. Cause if there's nothing special about him, you should be able to cogently articulate why, no?

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Tuch is a finisher, zucc is a creator. Vgk wont do it due the age factor. Not the kind of hockey trade vegas makes. Nyr do it in a heartbeat.
Tuch is like a consistent dubinsky.
Zucc is a poor mans MSL.
The value isnt there for vegas.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I can tell you, as someone who has watched 80+ games from him plus prospect camp, plus prospect scrimmages, plus preseason.

I want to know how you, someone who clearly doesn't watch...at least as much as I have, have arrived at such a conclusion. Because the impression I get is you just pulled up his stats and made presumptions.

I want to hear what you know about his playing style, his development curve, and how his play projects into the future and the rationale behind your conclusions. Cause if there's nothing special about him, you should be able to cogently articulate why, no?

What is he, your son?

I didn't say he was bad.

Why don't you explain what makes him special that i'm apparently missing?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Vegas doesn't do this but How about for carpenter?

The Rangers wouldn't touch that. Carpenter is a decent player, but he really doesn't have any trade value. He's never going to be more than a bottom 6 wing.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Interesting. You're asking him to prove a negative. That's not exactly a good argument from you when he asked a pretty simple question.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
What is he, your son?

I didn't say he was bad.

Why don't you explain what makes him special that i'm apparently missing?

Tuch is a very rare breed of hockey player. That power forward every team in the league covets.

He’s a better skating, bigger, though less proven (so far) Wayne Simmonds.

Watching Tuch play all last year, I would consistently say he was the best player on his line.

On the 3rd line he was creating possession and driving the offense with scrubs like Eakin, and on the 2nd he had more than enough skill and speed to keep up with guys like Haula and Neal while still doing all the dirty work for everyone else.

He’s 99% starting on the second line this year, probably with Patches-Stastny-Tuch. If Patches regains his elite goal scoring form (now that he’s out of a dumpster fire team) and with Stastny’s playmaking, I’d put Tuch in the 50 point range with 20-25 goals. Could ever get more and be in the 25-30 goal range and 60 points. That’s a killer line.

He can skate, hit, fight, win puck battles, always hustles, drives and crashes the net with reckless abandon and so on. He’s everything you want in a big guy and is only going to get better.

His career trajectory is exactly in line with Simmonds. Trade a little toughness for speed. I think he’s a 60 point guy in his prime.

I love Mats as a player. Scrappy little guy who really proved himself over the last 2-3 years. But Tuch has the ability to be a physical force while matching or out producing Zuccs. Not to mention the significant age difference.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Tuch is a very rare breed of hockey player. That power forward every team in the league covets.

He’s a better skating, bigger, though less proven (so far) Wayne Simmonds.

Watching Tuch play all last year, I would consistently say he was the best player on his line.

On the 3rd line he was creating possession and driving the offense with scrubs like Eakin, and on the 2nd he had more than enough skill and speed to keep up with guys like Haula and Neal while still doing all the dirty work for everyone else.

He’s 99% starting on the second line this year, probably with Patches-Stastny-Tuch. If Patches regains his elite goal scoring form (now that he’s out of a dumpster fire team) and with Stastny’s playmaking, I’d put Tuch in the 50 point range with 20-25 goals. Could ever get more and be in the 25-30 goal range and 60 points. That’s a killer line.

He can skate, hit, fight, win puck battles, always hustles, and so on. He’s everything you want in a big guy and is only going to get better.

His career trajectory is exactly in line with Simmonds. Trade a little toughness for speed. I think he’s a 60 point guy in his prime.

I love Mats as a player. Scrappy little guy who really proved himself over the last 2-3 years. But Tuch has the ability to be a physical force while matching or out producing Zuccs. Not to mention the significant age difference.

Much better response.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I like Tuch, but I'd like to see him improve on his rookie season before anointing him anything a good PF.

And for the Dubinsky/MSL lite comparison, I'd take a MSL lite over a prime Dubinsky any day Brandon had lots of warts as a player

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018

Vegas isn't going to do this. You don't trade a cheap, young, good player. I said it at the time. One of the dumbest moves in a long time was an older team not protecting Tuch in Minnesota.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Let's see, a big man who can skate like the wind, has a great shot, high hockey IQ, and loves to park his butt in front of a goalie like he's Tomas Holmstrom. And he was already better than Neal by the end of the year.

Please take him. You'd be doing them a favor.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
As a flyers fan, i can definitely appreciate Zucc, but i dont see why Vegas does this. Speed was kind of Vegas' thing last year.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'd do this all day but Vegas definitely wouldn't.

I'm slightly hesitant to assume any Vegas player will recreate their production from last year, but I also thought they'd be terrible so they're sort of an enigma to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad