Vegas Major Call

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Horrible call followed up by a worse PK. If I were a Knights fan I'd be equally mad at both the refs for the reactionary bs call and my team for folding.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
This isn't basketball, where a single bad whistle can decide a game.

Vegas imploded.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I recall the Hawks having a tough Major go against them.... they didnt give up goal after goal though. They scored one.

But that call was terrible, yet they lost control. And Fleury went to vintage losing his net and being chaotic down the stretch.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't think I have ever seen or heard of a team giving up 4 goals in a 5 minute major and I've been watching since the mid 80s. That's a monumental collapse even if it was a bad call.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Terrible penalty killing, worse call. Pretty shitty way to get knocked out of the playoffs. Vegas was the better team for more of this series and probably deserved the series but that’s hockey.

I know coaches like to keep that timeout in their back pocket in case of challenge but if I was Gallant I think I would have called the timeout after the second goal. Momentum had clearly swung like crazy and I think they were fighting it after that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the call is bad, horrible- no doubt..but come on, lol- you can't give up 4 f***ing goals in a 5 minute power play span...that is just pathetic and embarrassing. I can see giving up 1 or 2, but what in the actual f*** were they doing out there?? they have zero excuses for this loss, it is on Vegas to hold the fort down and they shit the bed. every team deals through adversity and bad calls, but 4 f***ing goals??? that is video game level shit they just allowed happen...MAF should be embarrassed as well..

Reactions: sharkhawk

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You can say that about a lot of calls. He did so its not unreasonable that it was a major.

:laugh:

He fell and landed on his head after being shoved, because he lost his balance. That's not a major penalty... It happens on just about every single faceoff, except guys don't lose their balance and knock themselves unconscious on the ice...

Sucks for Pavelski. Sucks for Vegas. Doesn't change the fact that it was a terrible call. Not unreasonable? Bahahahah.

Reactions: Geoist

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
:laugh:

He fell and landed on his head after being shoved, because he lost his balance. That's not a major penalty... It happens on just about every single faceoff, except guys don't lose their balance and knock themselves unconscious on the ice.

If you slew foot a guy and he falls down and is fine, you'll get a tripping (just happened in the Carolina/Capitals game 6). If he falls down and is injured you're probably getting suspended. Also Eakins clearly charges forward and cross checks him, its a penalty that doesn't happen every face off.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you slew foot a guy and he falls down and is fine, you'll get a tripping (just happened in the Carolina/Capitals game 6). If he falls down and is injured you're probably getting suspended. Also Eakins clearly charges forward and cross checks him, its a penalty that doesn't happen every face off.

Yes, because shoving a guy is the same as a slew foot. :laugh:

And yeah, that two-handed shove using the stick happens on a lot of faceoffs, actually, because centers always have two hands on their stick for the draw...

If you try to tie up the center, rather than cleanly win the puck, odds are you're pushing the opposing center with your stick... with two hands on it... so I guess every one of those plays is a cross check.

I'm still blown away that you're a coach with every single post you make. :laugh:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Yes, because shoving a guy is the same as a slew foot. :laugh:

And yeah, that two-handed shove using the stick happens on a lot of faceoffs, actually.

I'm still blown away that you're a coach with every single post you make. :laugh:

I was only using a different penalty to illustrate that injury plays into the severity of the penalty. I know you are dumb and have trouble understanding analogies so I'll just stop trying to help you out.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I was only using a different penalty to illustrate that injury plays into the severity of the penalty. I know you are dumb and have trouble understanding analogies so I'll just stop trying to help you out.

Hahahaha. The only thing dumb was the analogy of a slew foot, and a push on a faceoff...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hahahaha. The only thing dumb was the analogy of a slew foot, and a push on a faceoff...

It wasn't a push, he takes a full stride and cross checks him right across the chest. Thats called all the time. The fact that he goes over and lands on his head is why it ended up being a major.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You can only get a major penalty from a cross check if the cross check is a severe cross check, not because the opponent was injured. It wasn't a severe cross check.

It's one of the worst calls ever, and anyone defending it doesn't know shit about the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad