GDT: Vegas Golden Knights @ Vancouver Canucks Thursday Dec 19th 7:00pm PST / Friday Dec 20th 4:00pm NZDT

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Scratched: Awaiting update from NHL.com
Injured: Cody Eakin & Cody Glass (Both Upper Body, but really both have Concussions),
Nicolas Hague (Illness)

:nucks
giphy.gif

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup:

Tanner Pearson - Bo Horvat - Josh Leivo
J.T. Miller - Elias Pettersson - Brock Boeser
Antoine Roussel - Adam Gaudette - Jake Virtanen
Tim Schaller - Jay Beagle - Brandon Sutter

Jordie Benn - Chris Tanev
Quinn Hughes - Tyler Myers
Oscar Fantenberg - Troy Stecher

Jacob Markstrom
Michael Dipietro

Because it applies (and superstition)
giphy.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

funny-gif-dog-afraid-stairs-cat.gif

tenor.gif

source.gif

tenor.gif

h78F24F5F

And from my part of the world
tenor.gif

:vegasGo Knights Go :vegas

Last edited:

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Maybe give Engelland the night off Thursday? Does Gallant think he is too important for the PK because I think he will be worn down in the playoffs at this rate.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Maybe give Engelland the night off Thursday? Does Gallant think he is too important for the PK because I think he will be worn down in the playoffs at this rate.
Turk has shown that he's willing to scratch Engo, I think the concern right now is that the bottom pairing is actually playing rather decent and he might not want to disrupt that... Also, he's our only RHD lol.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Turk has shown that he's willing to scratch Engo, I think the concern right now is that the bottom pairing is actually playing rather decent and he might not want to disrupt that... Also, he's our only RHD lol.

You both raise good points. Probably one of those situations where the Coach has the luxury of a winning streak to consult with the Veteran and ask him how he's feeling energy-wise & if he's nicked-up, etc.

If Deryk is feeling 100% then may as well use him and get the mileage out of him while they can and use their depth in January-February when he may start to lag & need the rest days. Just my 2 cents:)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You both raise good points. Probably one of those situations where the Coach has the luxury of a winning streak to consult with the Veteran and ask him how he's feeling energy-wise & if he's nicked-up, etc.

If Deryk is feeling 100% then may as well use him and get the mileage out of him while they can and use their depth in January-February when he may start to lag & need the rest days. Just my 2 cents:)

I agree. He definitely needs more rest the last half of the season, as he has played very well when properly rested and we want that Engelland in the playoffs, but for now just keep him in the lineup until we lose.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Feeling sad for Flower, with the Dad's trip having come up so soon. :( Hope he has a great game.

Go! :vegas Go!
I missed it last game, but on the Canucks Board, they've been mentioning that Markstrom gave Fleury a stick tap on the pads in the pre-game skate to offer condolences, as Jacob just lost his Father earlier this season as well.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I was making a Chad Hangman joke like the cool internet kids...

Hopefully bambi stays on his feet tonight and doesn't draw a couple power plays.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Assist to Virtanen, he may never be a star but you love to see a former top 10 1st rounder stick with it and have the passion to carve himself a career when it looked dicey for a while and be willing to do what he needs to even be a role player in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad