GDT: Vegas Golden Knights @ Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00pm SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
2 today, and 1 tomorrow.

Mainly because we want to keep an extra on the roster tonight just in case shenanigans happen before the game and someone gets hurt in warm up or something
Makes sense.
Why not waive them all 3 tomorrow then?

Crows Eye

Oct 22, 2019
Vegas should be a better test of where this team is at. Philadelphia and LA were teams the Leafs should have beat easily. LA game was better as the game progressed, but seriously, how do you get outshot by an LA team that is so old that the training room at Staples Center doubles as a geriatric ward and team parking has spaces for a fleet of Rascal scooters?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
What gets lost in the noise because of the brutal schedule is that the Leafs numbers under the hood are actually very impressive overall.

They've actually been better than teams like the Bruins in a lot of important areas, but our goaltending has let us down. Andersen is coming back to form, and hopefully Hutch improves.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Vegas should be a better test of where this team is at. Philadelphia and LA were teams the Leafs should have beat easily. LA game was better as the game progressed, but seriously, how do you get outshot by an LA team that is so old that the training room at Staples Center doubles as a geriatric ward and team parking has spaces for a fleet of Rascal scooters?

Didn't watch the game I assume ?

Reactions: Advanced stats

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
What gets lost in the noise because of the brutal schedule is that the Leafs numbers under the hood are actually very impressive overall.

They've actually been better than teams like the Bruins in a lot of important areas, but our goaltending has let us down. Andersen is coming back to form, and hopefully Hutch improves.
some are, like corsi and scoring chance%. high danger% and shot differential, and special teams play all look pretty bad though. Overall, I think a tough schedule without our full lineup can explain a lot of it, but they do still need to get better

Reactions: stickty111

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
I feel you. I think he's awful. I don't wish anyone to lose their job, but I'm genuinely shocked Rogers didn't get rid of him with the others they got rid of this Summer.
Dude probably doesn't get paid much, literally backup forever!;)

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Disney on ice vs Reaves, McNabb, Engelland and Carrier ?

Will be interesting to watch for sure.

Reaves, McNabb, Engelland and Carrier after their first shift vs Disney on ice:

giphy.gif

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Reaves, McNabb, Engelland and Carrier after their first shift vs Disney on ice:

giphy.gif
Let's hope it goes that way and not with a injury or major hit to one of the big players and no response again. Sad that those 4 4th line/bottom pairing defenders are being used to compare with our big 4. They should barely match with each other as our top guys should destroy them with their ability to outskaten, out shoot, and out chance that group. Our guys should be compared with the knights top guys like Stone, pac, Smith, the best Karlsson in the league, etc. We need our superstars to beat out these players in their matchups as these knight players have the skills to keep up with the leafs and are probably more used to playing a winning style of hockey with physcial play involved.

The reaves, McNabb's etc will be Goat, tymo, shores matchups

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Let's hope it goes that way and not with a injury or major hit to one of the big players and no response again. Sad that those 4 4th line/bottom pairing defenders are being used to compare with our big 4. They should barely match with each other as our top guys should destroy them with their ability to outskaten, out shoot, and out chance that group. Our guys should be compared with the knights top guys like Stone, pac, Smith, the best Karlsson in the league, etc. We need our superstars to beat out these players in their matchups as these knight players have the skills to keep up with the leafs and are probably more used to playing a winning style of hockey with physcial play involved.

The reaves, McNabb's etc will be Goat, tymo, shores matchups

Agreed.

However, McNabb is a very good, underrated shutdown D and I would love to have him beside Rielly instead of Ceci. When LA made him available, I really wanted the Leafs to go after him even if he was a LHD.

Reaves, Engelland are both bad and I would never want those guys on the Leafs. And ya, Carrier is depth like Shore and Gauthier.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I know nothing about Corsi. What does that mean?
Corsi is basically a way to track possession by counting shot attempts (on goal, missed, and blocked all count) for each team. If team A directs 5 shot attempts towards the net and team B directs 5, then both would have a 50 corsi percentage. Generally the more you have the puck and more you shoot, it bodes well for winning games

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I know nothing about Corsi. What does that mean?

What that image in particular is showing is score adjusted Corsi. The general idea is if you are winning, a team will typically be "under siege" protecting the lead, usually getting outshot by a more desperate team, and vice versa. It gives more context to the numbers.

This shows that the Leafs are regardless of the score, pushing play at a top 5 rate.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
What that image in particular is showing is score adjusted Corsi. The general idea is if you are winning, a team will typically be "under siege" protecting the lead, usually getting outshot by a more desperate team, and vice versa. It gives more context to the numbers.

This shows that the Leafs are regardless of the score, pushing play at a top 5 rate.

But I thought the team sucked and it was all Babcock's fault...?

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Corsi is basically a way to track possession by counting shot attempts (on goal, missed, and blocked all count) for each team. If team A directs 5 shot attempts towards the net and team B directs 5, then both would have a 50 corsi percentage. Generally the more you have the puck and more you shoot, it bodes well for winning games

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad