Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Been a while since a blue chip kid went from Marlies to Leafs, right? The way Toronto operates regarding their prospects reminds me a little of Vegas.

Andreas Johnsson, Carl Grundström, & Pierre Engvall all aren't blue chip but have paved their way to the NHL through the Marlies, has Leafs integrated a blue chip prospect(through the Marlies) into their lineup during their time period? Last one was Nylander, right?

Johnsson, Kapanen and Dermott are the only noteworthy prospects they've developed in the Marlies in quite some time.

Grundstrom spent more time developing in the Kings org than the Marlies and it's too soon to tell with him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hey, don't follow closely enough but why is Elvenes scratched? Purely stat-watching it doesn't seem like he's having a bad season?

There's a pattern to the 1st & 3rd line this year. They seem to want to test out their potential NHL skill guys (Glass, Dugan, Dorofeyev) with potential bottom 6ers (Jones, Cotter, Duke) to see who carries the lines and who creates space for them.

I would expect tonight Elvenes draws back in, probably with Danny O'Regan and Sikura, and Dorofeyev sits.

edit: ah Rondbjerg with Danny boy & Sikura

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLennon

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Doro indeed sitting. Glass-Elvenes duo back in action. Last game they played together they combined for 5 points. Jones instead of the Dane this game to complete the line.

Reactions: JohnLennon

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Guest here hi.

None of you Knights fans are talking about your, well one of finest prospects you have
recently turned 19, last years 3rd round, 68th overall pick; LD Lukas Cormier (Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL)

He has been a beast in his D+1 season, this season.

16 goals, 54 points (1.40 ppg), highest ppg by a d-man since the early 2000's in the Q
His +35 marker, is the 2nd highest in the entire Q.

He leads all d-men in goals, assists, points, ppg, +/-, gwg, sog, pp points, sh goals and points,
as a player who most of his season been an 18 year old.

Dude was a huuuge steal last year and you guys got super lucky!.

His wrist shot is amazing, his slapper is good too, even better passer, great skater
and is trusted with both pp and pk duties, so you know he has improved his defense.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Where has this Cotter been the past 2 years? Preseason Cotter is back.
edit: nm. His controller disconnected.

I'd like to see Kallionkieli more than 4th line minutes every 3 games...

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass is slowing down again (not just literally). I don't know if it's a mental thing or what, but he has always taken the 2nd half of games off after a really good first 30 minutes.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass is handling the puck like a grenade again. Hopefully he starts putting up points past the 30 minute mark. I'm pretty sure the bulk of his points usually comes in the first half of games, then he fades.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Well Glass has his 1st period goal. Hopefully he gets another in the 3rd.

Did Hayes just flip the puck into his own net?:ha:

edit: another 3rd period no show for Glass. Barely moved his feet, lost board battles, made a couple of nice passes though.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The Doro+Elvenes duo did well playing together IIRC for the first time. 2 goals, and 4 assists between them and only GF both weren't on the ice for was the OT winner, which obviously Doro was on for. Neither were on the ice for a 5v5 GA(Elvenes was for a GA on the PK).

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Krebs extended his historic Winnipeg point streak to 23 games. Ends his WHL career with a season where he put up a league-leading 43 points in 24 games(which is just slightly lower than Glass' ppg in his final season).

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Krebs extended his historic Winnipeg point streak to 23 games. Ends his WHL career with a season where he put up a league-leading 43 points in 24 games(which is just slightly lower than Glass' ppg in his final season).

season's done. Park my boy in Henderson until postseason starts.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
First live HSK game for me. Miramanov is a very solid stay at home defenseman. Dorofeyev scored another goal, as did Cody. Barracuda are a bunch of douchebags....well suited for promotion to the Sharks.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
First live HSK game for me. Miramanov is a very solid stay at home defenseman. Dorofeyev scored another goal, as did Cody. Barracuda are a bunch of douchebags....well suited for promotion to the Sharks.

He's not a stay at home D at all. Used to play forward, too.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Lol my wife said bortuzzo gave our guys the throatcut sign after the final buzzer. I didn't even notice, hope the broadcast caught it.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Morozov made Russia's preliminary roster for Worlds. He, & Voronkov are the only ones born after 1998 on their roster.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
HSK 1-0 in the Pacific "playoffs" I didn't have an opportunity to watch the game yet, but if Dugan actually raced to get his stick on the puck after Jurco sent an empty net that the radio guy said was going in 100% without Dugan's help (this second ENG by Dugan gave him a Hattie), it raises concerns with me about his being a team player. Even if Jurco was OK with it, I'm not sure I would be as a coach.

If it was different than I described, I would appreciate someone setting me straight.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I didn't catch the whole game, but Dorofeyev was really impressive at both ends of the ice. Korczak looked fantastic as well.

HSK 1-0 in the Pacific "playoffs" I didn't have an opportunity to watch the game yet, but if Dugan actually raced to get his stick on the puck after Jurco sent an empty net that the radio guy said was going in 100% without Dugan's help (this second ENG by Dugan gave him a Hattie), it raises concerns with me about his being a team player. Even if Jurco was OK with it, I'm not sure I would be as a coach.

If it was different than I described, I would appreciate someone setting me straight.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
There is nothing wrong with that. It wasn't traveling that fast and there were 2 barracuda right behind him that could prevent the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad