Glass 1 goal in 4 games
Suzuki 2 assists in 2 games
Hague- 1-1-2 in 3
Ben Jones 0-4-4 in 3
Coghlan- 0-1-1 in 2
Pulkkinen 0-1-1 in 3
Leschyshyn- 1-3-4 in 3
Rondbjerg- 3-0-3 in 2

Griffin Reinhart is on the board with 2-1-3 in 3 games this week.

Gusev was held pointless this week
Brannstrom 0 in 2

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Cody is killing it. Bummer he didn't make the Canadian team but he has been impressive. Suzuki too. Most of the Knights prospects are playing well.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
any vegas prospects having breakout starts to their seasons? obviously the glass-suzuki-brannstrom trio is very solid,
but who else is in the mix for their top 5-10?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
any vegas prospects having breakout starts to their seasons? obviously the glass-suzuki-brannstrom trio is very solid,
but who else is in the mix for their top 5-10?

Really it’s only Hague. He’s having a monster season though. He really, really should’ve been invited to Team Canada especially over a plug like Stanley that was the first defenseman cut I believe. If he doesn’t make the team next year (likely considering the depth and how raw he is) he should be a top 4 defenseman for TC next year.

I am too lazy to look up the exact stats again, but he’s like top 3-5 in PIM’s, goals, and a ppg to boot.

Looks like Lucas Elvenes may make team Sweden in the WJC. I don’t know anything about him, but he was promoted to the SHL recently. That’s great for an 18-19 year old.

Outside of that, nobody at all stands out. The system depth really shows how long Vegas has been an organization.

Players like Lesyshyn / Kolesar / Ferguson are not producing at all, and then you have other guys like Pulkinnen who just aren’t good enough for an NHL roster.

Last edited:

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Good for Max. He held down the fort here nicely. Hague looks like a very nice defenseman prospect. He really can score from what I've seen.

It's nice to have talented prospects for the future, and a winning team presently.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean he could certainly play his way onto the team but Gallant strikes me more as a "he makes the team only if the team can't help not having him" kind of guy

Maybe he gets a 9 game look but it's doubtful.

Reactions: Rob Brown

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Its going to be years for the system to produce anything and that is a good thing. If VGK was terrible and played like most were expecting this year, then they would have rushed some of the system up to see what they had at an NHL level by next season, but seems like that plan is not going to take place. So the system will be full of fully marinated players before they get a full NHL shot, likely year 3 and 4.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Its going to be years for the system to produce anything and that is a good thing. If VGK was terrible and played like most were expecting this year, then they would have rushed some of the system up to see what they had at an NHL level by next season, but seems like that plan is not going to take place. So the system will be full of fully marinated players before they get a full NHL shot, likely year 3 and 4.
The plan was to have people start participating in the NHL team in years 2 and 3. That's fairly evident from the way the team is constructed and the number of pending UFAs are currently on the roster. For as well as the Knights have done, that hasn't changed.

We can buy the prospects some more time with success, but we're going to have to throw some money at these pending UFAs now versus trading them off as the plan originally called for if we want to keep these prospects developing at the lower levels.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
One thing I noted as I was looking at prospects was that only two of the draftees are committed to college. (Two of the USHL prospects, goalies, are not committed to their future.)

Definitely showing lack of depth in organization (which is about the only "bad" thing that might be expected to be said about the organization due to its short history).

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
One thing I noted as I was looking at prospects was that only two of the draftees are committed to college. (Two of the USHL prospects, goalies, are not committed to their future.)

Definitely showing lack of depth in organization (which is about the only "bad" thing that might be expected to be said about the organization due to its short history).

College is a fall back option. Better to have the prospects in major juniors to develop. Even playing in Europe is better than college hockey for the most part. Only good thing about college is how its relatively easy to stretch out the time you have to take a player and give him a pro contract. But I don't think the best players come out of that system, they don't play long enough seasons and don't play often enough to really get ready for the 82 game grind coming at them down the road.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Elvenes is a total sleeper prospect. Was killing it in the ALS and has looked good so far since being called up to the SHL- 8 games, 2 goals, 3 assists.

In only 8 games, he's tied for 10th in pts for players under 20 in the SHL and is 3rd in ppg for players under 20. He's basically outplaying guys who were drafted much higher than him (Marcus Davidsson and Boqvist).

Great post draft season for a 5th rd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->