Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Maybe it's to get an extra game in for him. The Wolves don't play until Saturday and the Mallards play Friday. Plus I'd rather he play 20 minutes than 10-12 he's getting right now.

That's exactly what's happening, according to Rocky Thompson:
Rocky Thompson: He's played our first two games. I wanted to get some other guys into the line-up.

The way the schedule is, it's not like we're playing an abundance of games. He's a first-year pro. The ECHL is a very good league. And they're going to play three games in the next four nights.

That was an opportunity for him to play some real hockey in a situation in our schedule where we're not going to see many games. The idea is for him to go down there, have success, play hard, and then he comes back.

Quad City has home games on 10/13, 10/14 and 10/18. Wolves have the one home game on 10/14 and then don't play again until 10/21. I imagine Keegan will be back on the Wolves for the 10/21 game.

Unless Foley purchases the AHL Chicago Wolves (or other independent AHL team) and moves them, not happening.

Now, there have been plans for more than a decade to bring (ECHL) hockey to Reno. But given the change/switch with AHL teams moving to California, perhaps that'll change in the future.

Everything I've read is that the ECHL is hoping to be in Reno for the 2018-19 season. Plus, with a seating capacity of approx. 7000, I don't know that the AHL is going to be interested in going there. I was originally in favor of having the Reno team be the affiliate for the Knights, but now I'm thinking we should just stick with an ECHL team close to Chicago like we have now.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I agree. Chicago is almost the perfect place for the AHL team.

I don't see any reason to move the AHL affiliate unless the Wolves ownership starts acting like they've acted in the past. Everything I've seen says that's not really a possibility and that the Knights/GMGM and McCrimmon have the keys to everything, as opposed to the previous setup the Wolves had with St. Louis and everyone else.

Reactions: Sir Goose

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
At least when the play is on, Suzuki is almost always the RW at even strength, since Hancock's game is so much better suited for centre. The line is pretty free-flowing though, especially on offence where Suzuki plays East-West a lot and really work the space he's given.

I was wondering if Suzuki might be better off moving to wing at the NHL level as well. Interesting to note that Hancock has been passed over in the last two drafts, so I'm curious to see if we can extend a camp invite to him next year. Looks like he was in camp with Tampa this year.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Everything I've read is that the ECHL is hoping to be in Reno for the 2018-19 season. Plus, with a seating capacity of approx. 7000, I don't know that the AHL is going to be interested in going there. I was originally in favor of having the Reno team be the affiliate for the Knights, but now I'm thinking we should just stick with an ECHL team close to Chicago like we have now.

7k seems nice and cozy arena size.

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
I think the draft system just sucks ass. It’s october and teams are looking to loose for a good pick just like in the NBA. The system should be changed. This is just ridiculous! Look at Edmonton. If it weren’t for Mcdavid they would still be a pack of first round sheeps playing only for themselves...

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was wondering if Suzuki might be better off moving to wing at the NHL level as well. Interesting to note that Hancock has been passed over in the last two drafts, so I'm curious to see if we can extend a camp invite to him next year. Looks like he was in camp with Tampa this year.
I think Suzuki's game is definitely better suited for the wing.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think the draft system just sucks ass. It’s october and teams are looking to loose for a good pick just like in the NBA. The system should be changed. This is just ridiculous! Look at Edmonton. If it weren’t for Mcdavid they would still be a pack of first round sheeps playing only for themselves...

But...they did change it. Right after the McDavid draft. That's how the Jets got Laine and the Devils got Hischier.

Reactions: derriko

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Kolesar 1st Star/Player of the Game

Trying to find if he got any points other than the goal, I'm assuming he did if he's the 1st star.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Pulkkinen 2+7 in 3 games. In my opinion the way Pulks dominates AHL tells a lot about the level of competition down there. I really think he should have gone to KHL already for better money and Olympics lol.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The Wolves got their first win last night (1-1-1)

Pulkkinen with a goal and 3 assists
Tuch scored a goal
Hyka scored a goal
Theodore with 2 assists
Pirri with a goal and assist as well
Lagace stopped 34 of 36 shots

Reactions: Nevada Jones

gobbluth

Jan 31, 2015
Wolves schedule sucks ass. They play about once a week in the beggining and then 5 games in 8 days or something...

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Gusev has 1G and 3A in the last four games giving him 32 points in 23 games.

Nick Suzuki has three goals five assists in his last four games, which is impressive.

In his last four games Cody Glass has four assists bringing his total to 17 points in 9 games

6th rounder Nick Campoli continues putting up points adding 2 goals and an assist in his last two games in the QJHL

7th round pick Ben Jones added three points (1G 2A) in two games.

Teemu Pullkinen added four points(1g 3a) last game which brings his total to 9 points (2G 7A)

In three games Lucas Elvenes added three points (1G 2A)

Dylan Coughlin added five points (3G 2A) in three games for the Tri City Americans

Shea Theodore tallied 2 assists in the last game for Chicago.

Alex Tuch scored once in his last game in Chicago before being called up to Vegas, and you all know how that went. ;)

5th round pick Jonathan Dugan added a goal and an assist his last game

Defenseman Nick Hague scored his first two goals in the last three games for Mississauga(OHL)

Keegan Kolesar, who we acquired from Columbus at the draft, has one goal and two assists splitting time between the AHL and ECHL this week

Jake Leschyshyn added only one point (A) in three games with Regina(WHL)

1st rounder Erik Brannstrom also only added one assist in two games in Sweden.

Recently acquired prospect Tobias Lindberg has played one game with Chicago with zero points.

My next post will update the goalie totals.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Maxim Zhukov is now spotting a 1.99GAA and a SV% of .924 in 4 total games he lost once and lost in overtime once.

Jiri Patera lost his last game his GAA is now 3.35 and his SV% is .903

Dylan Ferguson won his first two games of the season this week, his record is now 2-7 while his GAA is down to 4.55 from 6.05 last week and his SV% is up to .867 from .827 last week.

Maxime Legace who was recently called up after playing in Chicago has a record of 1-1 in two games with a GAA of 4.05 and a SV%.873

Oscar Dansk has one OTL in Chicago with a GAA of 5.57 and a SV% of .833

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Hey, outside fan here, not sure where to post this question. I am loving Vegas' success so far and I was wondering about something. My friend told me that Vegas was guaranteed a top 6 pick for the 2018 draft. Is that right? I can't seem to find any source indicating that. It sounds familiar but I am not sure at this point.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Hey, outside fan here, not sure where to post this question. I am loving Vegas' success so far and I was wondering about something. My friend told me that Vegas was guaranteed a top 6 pick for the 2018 draft. Is that right? I can't seem to find any source indicating that. It sounds familiar but I am not sure at this point.

There was originally a rumor that said Vegas would be guaranteed a top-3 lottery placement for the next year or so, but that was quickly shot down. They will have whatever odds their finish in the standings dictates.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Yes, the longest surviving rumor from the expansion.

As much as I wish it was true, it's not. The favorable treatment for the expansion team ended when the schedule came out. We might get an exemption from a future expansion draft in the slight chance there's another expansion within the next year or two, but Vegas is normal except for that.

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
I'm a longtime Shea Theodore fan and I own him in a couple fantasy leagues. What's the news on his status? Is he likely to be called up anytime soon, or is he going to be left in the AHL for most of this season?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm a longtime Shea Theodore fan and I own him in a couple fantasy leagues. What's the news on his status? Is he likely to be called up anytime soon, or is he going to be left in the AHL for most of this season?
I don't think he's stuck in the A for the whole season, but he's definitely there until we shed a few of the excess Dmen we have to give him room on the VGK roster.

I'd hold him if you can, but know he's a month or two off. He's likely a top pairing Dman once he makes it to Vegas.

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
Unless injuries hit me I can hold him in reserve for a month or two. I'm in first in one league I have him in so if injuries hit it will be hard to hang on to him. That would suck because I've had him since his draft year. We have a 40 game limit for farm team players so I can't stick him on the farm. And of course other people see the spot I'm in so they're trying to fleece me if I trade him.

Thanks for your info. I hope a path opens for him soon. Are there any valid rumours about McPhee having a D-man trade anywhere close? Is Reinhart still on the NHL roster? If so that's stupid. He'd pass thru waivers without a problem. He's pretty much a bust at this point.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
McPhee didn't draft any busts, but he did draft a lot of guys that need ice time to show whether they're good or not. Everytime we throw someone on the ice that's supposed to suck, they show that they're likely an NHL talent. Sbisa, who was the almost unanimous "not worth shit" expansion draft guy is now on our first pairing with Schmidt.

The situation we're in now sucks, but it's actually a good thing. The scouts scouted these guys and got some hidden/buried talent, and that says a lot for the scouts, IMO. However, it also makes it tough for anyone in the organization to want to lose one of these guys. Even the new guy in the Sbisa role (Hunt) got some ice time against Boston and did alright.

It will work itself out, I'm sure. However, keeping it easy and making everything work properly is not the first priority right now, it's getting assets from these edgy guys we picked in the draft.

McPhee hasn't lost a free draft pick yet. Every single person we've allowed to leave the program has had a return. I think that's the ultimate goal. Every single person that leaves will get us something else. If there's a chance we lose them to waivers, I don't think they get waived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad