Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Should have clarified - I think Fresno is a better fit than Sacramento, but I'm not sure either will get a team soon. I still stand by my theory of having Boise jump up to the AHL.
I don't think Boise is headed that way unless there's a major issue with both Dallas and Texas

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
NHL farm system rankings: No. 8 Vegas Golden Knights

The Athletic (paywall) Pronman ranks VGK's prospect pool at #8 (out of 31)

here's his ranking of our prospects

It's nice to see someone is high on Elvenes, or maybe it's because he's not that high on Suzuki and Brannstrom?

My ranking would be

Glass/Brannstrom (tie)
Suzuki
Gusev
Hague

Elvenes

Hyka
Dansk
Whitecloud
Bischoff

Morozov
Kolesar
Jones
Cotter
Dugan
Rondbjerg
Ferguson
Quinney
Leslie
Demin
Duke
Coghlan
Leschyshyn
Zhukov

can't speak on
Kruse,Corcoran,Bouchard,Deliberatore,Patera,Campoli,Kooy

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Gusev shouldn't even be listed, imo, as I don't think he will ever wear the helmet on his chest.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Gusev shouldn't even be listed, imo, as I don't think he will ever wear the helmet on his chest.

I believe that his lack of NHL games means we hold his rights beyond when he turns UFA. Which would mean he would have to play at least a season here or get his rights traded by us in order to play in the NHL.

Reactions: Sir Goose

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Speaking of Gusev...

speaking of speaking of Gusev, McPhee is in St Petersburg taking in this game.
He met with Vladmir Tkachyov, who is a UFA after this season, and is presumably stopping by to watch Gusev in preseason and maybe chat with him.

EDIT: probably to talk to Morozov as well.:naughty:

Tkachyov is a defensive forward C who helped AK Bars win the KHL championship over Gusev's SKA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Goose

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I found it interesting that this year's VGK Road Trip went to Reno, Boise and SLC. I have no doubt that if Reno gets a team it's going to be ECHL, and I agree that the SLC owners seem to like being in the ECHL as well. My hope is that Boise eventually decides to make the jump to the AHL like the Colorado Eagles did, and the Wolves become the AHL affiliate for Seattle's new NHL team. I would imagine Foley wants to get the folks in Idaho to be VGK fans instead of Seattle fans, so having our AHL affiliate there could lay some ground work. The ironic part of Seattle having the Wolves as their AHL affiliate is that wasn't Don Levin always interested in owning the proposed NHL team in Seattle?

I think it's nonsense to think an AHL team will expand our fanbase in most of these places people are talking about. Those fans in California have their teams already and Reno was already Sharks territory so it will take awhile to convert those fans over. I went to Montana a few months ago and people up there made it clear they don't give a rats behind about hockey.

Leave the team in Chicago where it's an easy flight anywhere and build on that relationship. I just went to Chicago and on Michigan Avenue in the heart of the city they have goalie masks on the street for the Wolves, not the Hawks.

I explained to my friend wow it really hit me then, all the years Vegas could only be the minor affiliate to teams from places like Chicago. To be able to say Las Vegas gets to be the parent and Chicago the "child" is very symbolic for anyone who has felt Las Vegas was getting screwed out of a major league team which it has long deserved.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Goalies Zhukov and Patera both played preseason games for their new CHL clubs over the weekend.

Zhukov helped Barrie win 5-1 while Patera stopped 22 shots to help Brandon win in a shootout.

Ivan Morozov has started his MHL season with 3 goals 5 points in 6 games in Russia.

Do we need a new thread? If not OP should be edited

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ivan Morozov now leads the SKA juniors with 4 goals 9 points in 8 games. Maybe he and Zhukov will be on Team Russia in the WJC this year?

(#71)

His winger, Podkolzin, is a potential 2019 1st rounder.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Goalies Zhukov and Patera both played preseason games for their new CHL clubs over the weekend.

Zhukov helped Barrie win 5-1 while Patera stopped 22 shots to help Brandon win in a shootout.

Ivan Morozov has started his MHL season with 3 goals 5 points in 6 games in Russia.

Do we need a new thread? If not OP should be edited

So that's why Zhukov got sent from camp so early. I wanted to watch him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Good news, everyone. Patera, Kooy, Fergie and Zhukov all won their CHL season openers!

Patera stopped 28 of 29 shots, Ferguson stopped 25 of 26 shots, and Kooy stopped 24 of 26 shots.

Bouchard picked up 2 assists in his QMJHL opener.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My prospect rankings for this year:
(in order)
Glass C/Brannstrom D/Hague D(tie)
Gusev W

Whitecloud D
Morozov C
Elvenes RW

Hyka W
Bischoff D
Kolesar RW
Duke C
Jones C
Ferguson G

Dugan LW
Rondbjerg LW
Quinney C/W
Cotter C
Coghlan D
Leschyshyn C
Demin D
Zhukov G/Patera G/Kooy G
Bouchard D
Corcoran D

NR:
Kruse,Deliberatore,Campoli

not counting Dansk, Lagace, Fucale and other pros

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ben Jones was the 2nd star of the game with 1g 1a despite losing 5-2 last night.
Rondbjerg picked up an assist for Vaxjo
Corcoran scored his 1st of the season
and Morozov scored again for the SKAjrs

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass had 3 points tonight for Portland. He also scored in the shootout.

Morozov scored again. He's now at 6 goals and 11 points in 10 games to lead SKAjrs in scoring.

Jake Leschyshyn had a goal and an assist

Jones scored a short handed goal

Bouchard had a goal and an assist, 3rd star of the game

Fergie was the 2nd star in a 3-2 loss stopping 35 of 38 shots

Chyzowski, who was an invite to rookie camp, has 4 points in his first 4 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad