Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Streams are decent. Some venues better than others.

Sometimes I get near HD quality. Other times, it's darker, but you can still see the action. (And a variety history/quality of camera operators and who ever is producing feed, adding in different camera angles -- if available.)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass and Suzuki not playing again today. Wolves down 4-2 at the start of the 3rd. After getting into penalty troubles, Reinhart took a roughing penalty at the end of the 2nd.

Coghlan had 2 assists to help tie the Tri-City - Everett WHL series at 1-1 on Saturday.

edit: Duke moved up to center Pulkkinen to try and muster some offense.

edit2: Wolves lose game 2. They face elimination now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Really looking forward to seeing how well they contribute. Good things ahead for us, future is bright.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hacksaw Jack Dugan has 2 assists for the Chicago Steel against the USNational development team. Series is tied 1-1.

Dylan Coghlan plays again tonight. Series is 1-1.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Keep in mind in the minors they only play 3 forward lines so a lot harder for forwards to break into the lineup.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Keep in mind in the minors they only play 3 forward lines so a lot harder for forwards to break into the lineup.

In the AHL? They have 4 lines.

Hyka Pirri Tynan
Pulkkinen Lindberg Sterling
Matteau Megan Thompson
Kolesar Duke Vaughan

were the lines IIRC

4 days till the next game so there's a lot of practice for Suzuki and Glass. Canucks fans were upset that Dahlen didn't dress for game 1 in their series against the Marlies.

Reactions: derriko

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Hyka Pirri Tynan
Matteau Megan Thompson
Kolesar Duke Vaughan

were the lines IIRC

4 days till the next game so there's a lot of practice for Suzuki and Glass. Canucks fans were upset that Dahlen didn't dress for game 1 in their series against the Marlies.

My bad, I'm thinking of ECHL and thought AHL did the same. I looked at the report and see the 4 lines.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Hyka Pirri Tynan
Matteau Megan Thompson
Kolesar Duke Vaughan

were the lines IIRC

Duke and Kolesar over Glass and Suzuki?
d21.gif

Reactions: derriko

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Duke and Kolesar over Glass and Suzuki?
d21.gif

Kolesar had a very good Feb after being brought up from the Mallards. I'm expecting big things from him next year with the Wolves.

and Duke might be their top center next year. :oops: It would have been nice to have kept Toby Lindberg.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kolesar had a very good Feb after being brought up from the Mallards. I'm expecting big things from him next year with the Wolves.

and Duke might be their top center next year. :oops: It would have been nice to have kept Toby Lindberg.
I guess that's fair. I just kind of wish our best prospects could get a game in at least.

I don't know It just kind of feels like...both Glass and Suzuki were snubbed for the WJC. And now they're not getting a chance in the AHL

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Just seeing how "pro"s work in playoffs is a learning experience for just-drafted players. They see that it can be a grind and take professionalism (showing up and doing what is needed/expected -- without prompting from coach/nag-er) to succeed.

I know a number of organizations have invited prospects to hang out during playoffs just to learn what it takes to succeed.

Reactions: MordredGK

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Just seeing how "pro"s work in playoffs is a learning experience for just-drafted players. They see that it can be a grind and take professionalism (showing up and doing what is needed/expected -- without prompting from coach/nag-er) to succeed.

I know a number of organizations have invited prospects to hang out during playoffs just to learn what it takes to succeed.

True. Schiefele, who Glass projects to be similar to, didn't have much playoff success until 19.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I suspect that if the Wolves don't make a major comeback in this series, a number of them (including Glass and Suzuki) will be called up to Vegas to get the NHL playoff feel.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I don't know It just kind of feels like...both Glass and Suzuki were snubbed for the WJC. And now they're not getting a chance in the AHL

I remember hearing that Team Canada specifically wanted guys closer to age 20 for the WJC since it was in Buffalo and they really wanted to have a good showing. With the tournament being in Vancouver next year, I'd imagine Glass and Suzuki will both make the team (provided they're not in the NHL).

True. Schiefele, who Glass projects to be similar to, didn't have much playoff success until 19.

I love the Glass/Schiefele comparison - it's why I think Glass should go back to Portland next season. Schiefele did two years in junior after he got drafted and look at him now. I want to see Glass tear up that league, then be the leader for Team Canada at the WJC.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Brannstrom looking good for team Sweden today in exhibition. He's gaining confidence each and every game. We'll see how he adapts to smaller ice but he's always springing forwards with his passes. :eek:

His pinches and reads are getting better too.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wolves lead 1-0 after 1. Suzuki is on the top line with Pirri and Tynan.

Lagace is in net.

Kolesar playing center tonight.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Kolesar scores! 2-0 Wolvies

edit: 2-3 now. Hogs score 3 in a row in the 2nd. :eek:

edit2: 3-3 sudden death

Last edited: