Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Chicago Wolves AHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ben Jones and the Niagara Ice Dogs are about to win their series 4-1. They're up 5-2 and Jones has 2 assists.

Glass and the Winterhawks are also looking to advance tonight. Leschyshyn's Pats are trying to stave off elimination.

edit:

Glass scores!

Hague and the Steelheads lose 5-2. They're now losing the series 3-2 and will play again tomorrow.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass added an assist as well but Portland loses in OT.
Regina clobbered Swift Current 7-2 to force game 7. Leschyshyn had a goal and an assist.
The Chicago Wolves lost in a shootout 2-1. Dansk stopped 24 of 25 shots. Pirri scored the lone goal and Pulkinnen and Holm with the assists.

Can you believe Dansk only has 1 regulation loss this year? (well he's only played 14 games) Dansk is 10-1-3 with a .923%

Brannstrom plays in the SuperElit semi-finals tomorrow. Rondberg would be playing in the other game but I think he's been injured the past few weeks.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Nic Hague and the Steelheads were eliminated today. Barrie wins the series 4-2. No word on whether he's joining the Wolves

and Jonas Rondberg came back from the IR with a goal and 2 assists today to help his team win to get to the SuperElit J20 finals! Guess who he's facing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Brannstrom has been selected to Team Sweden for the World Championships exhibition! He's right back at it tomorrow with exhibition games for Team Sweden but I would imagine no roster guarantees until the NHL playoff picture is settled.

and Steelheads fans are under the impression this was Hague's last year with them. He'll have to work on his skating this summer IMO otherwise there's not much chance he can make the club. He still had trouble turning on a dime from what I saw. Another year scoring buckets in the OHL and WJC would have to suffice (but hopefully he gets pro experience with the Wolves this spring)

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
And then there were 3...Leschyshyn's Pats lost game 7.
Glass and the Winterhawks are forced to a game 7 tonight.
Suzuki and Jones start their respective round 2 series on Thursday

Rasmus Dahlin will not participate in the World Championships for Team Sweden, potentially opening up a big role for Brannstrom.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Brannstrom has been selected to Team Sweden for the World Championships exhibition! He's right back at it tomorrow with exhibition games for Team Sweden but I would imagine no roster guarantees until the NHL playoff picture is settled.

and Steelheads fans are under the impression this was Hague's last year with them. He'll have to work on his skating this summer IMO otherwise there's not much chance he can make the club. He still had trouble turning on a dime from what I saw. Another year scoring buckets in the OHL and WJC would have to suffice (but hopefully he gets pro experience with the Wolves this spring)

I read Hague is heading to Chicago. Word is his defensive positioning is poor. AHL will definitely expose that in an instant. Hard to believe he doesn't have at least decent skating skills as a round 2 selection.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I read Hague is heading to Chicago. Word is his defensive positioning is poor. AHL will definitely expose that in an instant. Hard to believe he doesn't have at least decent skating skills as a round 2 selection.

I'm thinking it kept him out of the 1st round. 5 years ago a team would take a chance on him in the top 20 but the league is kind of trending away from big Dmen. Having said that, guys like Tolvanen were available so last year had a very deep 1st round.

And I'm by no means a skating expert. Could have caught a rut, or tweaked something I suppose.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ben Jones with 2g tonight in a losing effort. Niagara drops game 1 in OT 5-4. 2nd star of the game.
Nick Suzuki was the 1st star of his game with a goal and an assist. Owen Sound wins game 1 4-1.

Erik Brannstrom had a good exhibition game for Sweden. They rolled 4 defense pairings but he made the most of his limited ice time with some fantastic passes. Even had a breakaway.

Check out and see how the Golden Knights top two draft picks are doing in juniors for the respective clubs in the playoffs.

Golden Knights: Cody Glass And Nick Suzuki Producing In The Playoffs Down At Juniors

Cody Glass & Nick Suzuki.jpg

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Suzuki tied the game last night to send it to OT but Owen Sound lost. Series is 1-1.
Cody Glass scored as well and the Winterhawks won game 1.

Hague did not play for the Wolves last night, but maybe they could have used him. They were trounced 7-3. Bischoff and Leslie picked up assists. Lagace was in net for most of the game.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
From a writer who covers Providence College hockey for the Providence Journal Bulletin - on draft pick Jack Dugan

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver
More
.@GoldenKnights were ready to sign 5th round pick & @FriarsHockey commit Jack Dugan of Chicago Steel, according to sources. He'd then play in OHL (London?) or AHL next season. Word is Dugan said no & is expected to enroll at PC, as planned

Looks like he'll still play college hockey next year - which seems like the best thing for his long-term development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->