Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Don't think letting Kooy go has anything to do with Saville(even though, yes, Saville is looking pretty good). Kooy played himself out of a contract.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Don't think letting Kooy go has anything to do with Saville(even though, yes, Saville is looking pretty good). Kooy played himself out of a contract.

Didn't he have a terrible attitude? His play obviously wouldn't help, either.

Is Ferguson going to be playing for the Silver Knights next season?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Goalie depth....

Currently: Ferguson and Fleury are the only goalies signed for next season.

Dansk, Lehner, Sparks are all pending UFAs (Dansk is group 6). Patera could be signed. Dansk and Sparks are all young-ish, so shouldn't be too hard to re-sign.

Does GM McK see the need for a more experienced back up in the NHL so he'll be hitting the UFA market? Or will the organization go with Dansk or Sparks?

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
New SKA management group - Ice Hockey Club SKA Saint Petersburg, 2020/06/05

The Board of Directors of SKA Hockey Club has approved changes in the management group. The head coach in the 2020/2021 season will be Valeri Bragin, who was previously the senior coach.

So, Bragin is the new head coach of SKA and also Russian national team. That is probably good news for example Marchenko-Morozov-Podkolzin line because I assume that on next season they will get a plenty of ice time from Bragin who knows them well and already was an senior coach at SKA and national team in spring.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Pavel Dorofeyev has been traded from Metallurg to Traktor Tsheljabinsk. Metallurg was 7th in Eastern conference and Traktor 11th in last season so I don't like that at all. On a positive side, he goes to same team with a former Golden Knight Tomas Hyka so I will be see both of them at the same time on next season when Traktor comes to play against Jokerit.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
RW Keegan Kolesar, RFA

Skated in his first NHL game with the Knights (his only NHL appearance to date) this year but played just 33 games with the Wolves (I'm assuming due to injury).

Memorable run with the Wolves in last year's AHL playoffs. Does he do enough to merit being re-signed and if so what are the odds he cracks the Vegas lineup in 2020-21?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Pavel Dorofeyev has been traded from Metallurg to Traktor Tsheljabinsk. Metallurg was 7th in Eastern conference and Traktor 11th in last season so I don't like that at all. On a positive side, he goes to same team with a former Golden Knight Tomas Hyka so I will be see both of them at the same time on next season when Traktor comes to play against Jokerit.

Gets to skate with some good players

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Isn't Traktor a better developmental team, though?

RW Keegan Kolesar, RFA

Skated in his first NHL game with the Knights (his only NHL appearance to date) this year but played just 33 games with the Wolves (I'm assuming due to injury).

Memorable run with the Wolves in last year's AHL playoffs. Does he do enough to merit being re-signed and if so what are the odds he cracks the Vegas lineup in 2020-21?
We'll probably re-sign him, but the odds he cracks the fourth line are low. Firstly it depends on if Reavo re-signs, and secondly there's guys he's competing with that I like better for that 4RW spot if not Reavo like Quinney, & Brown.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Isn't Traktor a better developmental team, though?
Well, the main reason for my negative thoughts was that now it is unlikely that Dorofeyev will get more playoff experience because Traktor has collected 58 and 56 points during last two seasons in 62 regular season games. Of course in a weaker team he has better chance to get more ice time but with all respect to Dorofeyev, if he is a regular TOP6-winger, Traktor is not going to improve its 11th place. Based on one game where I saw him live last season, I don't think that he is yet dynamic enough to be a consistent scorer against tough men.

However, I believe that he can clinch a spot in third line and then hopefully get some minutes in second power-play unit. I believe that he can develop his skating and strength near the boards so that a coach can trust him and not keep him as a healthy scratch like a couple of times in Metallurg in the spring. His average TOI was under 10 minutes also when he got to lineup so it might be too big jump to TOP6 role in a one summer and in my opinion that 3rd line spot could have been his spot also in Metallurg in upcoming season behind Mozjakin, Beck, Kulemin, Karpov, Nestrasil, Pesonen and Plotnikov (remember injuries). There are at least Hyka, Kosov, Leschenko, Berglund (if not center) and Avtsin ahead of Dorofeyev in Traktor's winger ranking. Alexeyev, Lazarev and Sheshin are equal competitors.

Of course Traktor has a new head coach who can return Traktor to successful team. Anvar Gatiyatulin was the assistant coach of SKA during last seasons but before that he was a head coach of Traktor two seasons and during those years 2016-2018 Traktor collected 96 and 97 points and in the playoffs lost in conference finals in the spring 2018.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Dugan signing officially official today. 2 years ELC starting 2020-21.

They should experiment putting Malkin-er, Dugan at C in the AHL (if there is an AHL next season).

Somehow Kenny thinks a 2 year ELC is bad and is overreacting per usual.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Dugan signing officially official today. 2 years ELC starting 2020-21.

They should experiment putting Malkin-er, Dugan at C in the AHL (if there is an AHL next season).

Somehow Kenny thinks a 2 year ELC is bad and is overreacting per usual.

The only argument I could think of would be to give him the year this season to burn it and have him sign an RFA contract after next season before he has the opportunity to prove himself and get that contract cheaper but that's splitting hairs and not a reason to think it's bad.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The only argument I could think of would be to give him the year this season to burn it and have him sign an RFA contract after next season before he has the opportunity to prove himself and get that contract cheaper but that's splitting hairs and not a reason to think it's bad.

2 years gives them time to evaluate him, and either give him a Tuch contract or a bridge. Plus the ELC with bonuses will help with the flat cap in 21-22.

Either way, they know what the cap will be well in advance.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

My annual look at Vegas' OHL prospects. Some good video clips of Corcoran in that twitter thread.

Happy to answer questions.

Thanks. Nice to read something on Primeau...well, maybe not. What a shot in the dark that was.

Did Corcoran have a growth spurt? I don't remember him being that big when drafted.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Thanks. Nice to read something on Primeau...well, maybe not. What a shot in the dark that was.

Did Corcoran have a growth spurt? I don't remember him being that big when drafted.
He was drafted at 6'1 IIRC, so he has. Also beefed up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad