Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What happens to Coghlan next season? We have a defense that is very set going and he appears to be ninth on that list. If he is ready for the NHL next season there could be decisions to be made.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What happens to Coghlan next season? We have a defense that is very set going and he appears to be ninth on that list. If he is ready for the NHL next season there could be decisions to be made.

If there's no injuries, he goes back to the AHL. No rush.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Morozov's first career KHL playoff goal:

He has now 1+2 in three games. SKA leads the series against Vityaz 3-0 so it is 99% sure that I will see Morozov live once more on this season because Jokerit leads too 3-0 its series against Lokomotiv so SKA and Jokerit will meet each other on the second round.

Dorofeyev's Metallurg is 1-2 down in wins. They lost today 1-2 after overtime. Dorofeyev wasn't on the roster in the first game. In the second game he was 13th forward and played 9:49 with two shots on goal. Today he played on the 4th line 11:36 and had one shot on goal.

In the Finnish Elite League, Dzierkals has scored on the power play now in the two games on a row. He plays usually on the left wall and today's power play goal was really beautiful wrister up to the short side:

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Are we going to sign Dugan and give him a game this year or will the streak be broken?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Are we going to sign Dugan and give him a game this year or will the streak be broken?

At first I was going to say 'why burn a year off his ELC' but I can see them signing him just to see what he's got. Especially if the Stone injury is worse than they're letting on.

If Boston College knocks Providence out next week he's available, maybe.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
At first I was going to say 'why burn a year off his ELC' but I can see them signing him just to see what he's got. Especially if the Stone injury is worse than they're letting on.

If Boston College knocks Providence out next week he's available, maybe.

If he doesn't play enough NHL games doesn't it slide anyway?

A few NHL games and an AHL playoff.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Apparently signing during the season burns 1 year off his ELC instantly.

Dugan is too old to slide an ELC year as it only applies to 18-19yos.

If they wait until the offseason it's the full 3 year ELC.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Apparently signing during the season burns 1 year off his ELC instantly.

Dugan is too old to slide an ELC year as it only applies to 18-19yos.

If they wait until the offseason it's the full 3 year ELC.

Obviously he can have some say in this correct? Can't these college signees get back in the draft or something? So could he pressure Vegas to sign him and burn a year now? The team would probably be better waiting until the summer though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Obviously he can have some say in this correct? Can't these college signees get back in the draft or something? So could he pressure Vegas to sign him and burn a year now? The team would probably be better waiting until the summer though.

edit: hmm March 24 he becomes 22.

It may not matter because 22-23 yos get signed to 2 years.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Disregard that last bit - he'll be subject to a 2 year ELC once he turns 22 on March 24th.

So: a)sign him before his birthday: get 2 full ELC years
b)sign him this season after his birthday: get only 1 full ELC year
c)sign him after the season: get 2 full ELC years.

Edit: although looking at a player in a similar situation, Ryan Donato, he only had 1 full ELC year left after he signed.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Disregard that last bit - he'll be subject to a 2 year ELC once he turns 22 on March 24th.

So: a)sign him before his birthday: get 2 full ELC years
b)sign him this season after his birthday: get only 1 full ELC year
c)sign him after the season: get 2 full ELC years.

Edit: although looking at a player in a similar situation, Ryan Donato, he only had 1 full ELC year left after he signed.

Is the NCAA Tournament over in 15 days?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
According to the Friar's sched...NCAA regionals start March 27-29th. So his season could end the 27th.

So we either sign him or wait and get the ELC the extra season. Unless he leaves the team a week early.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It's not likely PC will be selected for the NCAA tournament this year. Realistically he might be available as soon as next weekend.

Didn't Dugan cool off greatly? Wasn't he on pace for 83 and isn't he still in the 55 range?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Something like 40 points in 22 games, then 12 points in his last 12 to finish the regular season.

Most points in the NCAA this season (7 ahead of Kawaguchi).

It is impressive but didn't Schuldt finish top three or something Hobey Baker and he can't even crack the team?

I think sign him this season and give him a few games to see more if what we've got.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I have seen him listed at C on sites before, even Marchessault has been listed as C?
Some players start off as C then make the switch to W while still being listed as a C for some reason.

They have 5 natural Cs even without Roy or Pirri.
Hmm.

Must be trying to jumpstart their anemic offense.
Well, their only 5v5 goal came from his line so it kinda worked? 3 point game from Elvenes in a 3-2 OTW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad