Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Jiri Patera has been on fire his last 11 starts. Currently 4th in the WHL with a .925%

Kallionkieli has 3 assists his last 4 games.

Krebs is now 7th in under19yo points per game in the WHL. He's up to 26 points in 20 games.

Korczak is 7th in WHL dman scoring.

Corcoran is 7th in OHL dman scoring.

Bouchard has 9 points in 8 games since joining Cape Breton in the QMJHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Jiri Patera has been on fire his last 11 starts. Currently 4th in the WHL with a .925%

Kallionkieli has 3 assists his last 4 games.

Krebs is now 7th in under19yo points per game in the WHL. He's up to 26 points in 20 games.

Korczak is 7th in WHL dman scoring.

Corcoran is 7th in OHL dman scoring.

Bouchard has 9 points in 8 games since joining Cape Breton in the QMJHL.

We only need a few of these prospects to hit, Dugan, Elvenes, Dorofeyev and Krebs give us some talent up front, if one of our RHD prospects can be NHL quality then the future could look very bright. Of course if the goalie thing can get sorted.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Franklin, Martin, & Patera named to Vaughn CHL Team of the Week – WHL Network

Between the pipes, Vegas Golden Knights prospect Jiri Patera of the Brandon Wheat Kings won both of his appearances while coming away with a 0.50 goals-against average and .981 save percentage. In all, Patera turned aside 51 of 52 shots, a stretch which included Wednesday’s 21-save performance against the Prince George Cougars en route to a 4-0 victory, second-star honours, and his fourth shutout this season. For his efforts, Patera was honoured as the WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My personal top 10 VGK prospects halfway through the season:
Krebs
Dugan
Korczak
Dorofeyev
Elvenes
Coghlan
----------------
Patera
Morozov
Roy
Whitecloud
HM: Schuldt,Diliberatore, Ferguson

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
My personal top 10 VGK prospects halfway through the season:
Krebs
Dugan
Korczak
Dorofeyev
Elvenes
Coghlan
----------------
Patera
Morozov
Roy
Whitecloud
HM: Schuldt,Diliberatore, Ferguson

Dorofeyev and Coghlan a little high for mine, and Whitecloud and Ferguson a little low but a pretty good list to how I see it also.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Dorofeyev and Coghlan a little high for mine, and Whitecloud and Ferguson a little low but a pretty good list to how I see it also.

I still think Coghlan has the tools to be a fine top 4 D. Whitecloud just needs to prove it at the NHL level, so hopefully he gets a handful of games this year and he makes the bottom pairing next year with McNabb.

I love the way Dorofeyev plays but he's still boom/bust.

I've always liked Ferguson but you can't deny how good Patera has been. He might take the Wheat Kings far in the playoffs.

I wonder what they'll do with the 3 young Cs in Chicago. Jones is hurt, he came to camp hurt, and he's hurt again (been out for a while). Cotter is moved all over the lineup and he should have been sent back to junior, and Leschyshyn is not off to a great start.

I wonder if they'll move Leschyshyn.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I still think Coghlan has the tools to be a fine top 4 D. Whitecloud just needs to prove it at the NHL level, so hopefully he gets a handful of games this year and he makes the bottom pairing next year with McNabb.

I love the way Dorofeyev plays but he's still boom/bust.

I've always liked Ferguson but you can't deny how good Patera has been. He might take the Wheat Kings far in the playoffs.

I wonder what they'll do with the 3 young Cs in Chicago. Jones is hurt, he came to camp hurt, and he's hurt again (been out for a while). Cotter is moved all over the lineup and he should have been sent back to junior, and Leschyshyn is not off to a great start.

I wonder if they'll move Leschyshyn.

I could have a bias toward players already playing professionally or in college against men.

Do you think they move on from any of them? Morozov isn't coming over next season and they should probably not re-sign Duke and Quinney, so I thought all three would fight it out on the Wolves to see who could be a future bottom six C for Vegas.

I can't imagine they sign Roy or Stephenson longer than two so they would need the possibility of somebody stepping in to those if either prices themselves off the team after that (Roy would still be RFA but still).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I could have a bias toward players already playing professionally or in college against men.

Do you think they move on from any of them? Morozov isn't coming over next season and they should probably not re-sign Duke and Quinney, so I thought all three would fight it out on the Wolves to see who could be a future bottom six C for Vegas.

I can't imagine they sign Roy or Stephenson longer than two so they would need the possibility of somebody stepping in to those if either prices themselves off the team after that (Roy would still be RFA but still).

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-signed Quinney, but they've already got Pirri and Brown. Quinney doesn't have to pass through waivers next season even though he's a year older than Duke. So Duke is probably the odd one out.

Kallionkielli Pirri Elvenes/Dugan
Cotter Quinney
Jones Brown Leschyshyn
Goulbourne ____ Rondbjerg

Schuldt Coghlan
_____ Pachal
Bischoff Corcoran/Bouchard

Dansk
Ferguson

NHL: Whitecloud, Roy, Kolesar

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if they re-signed Quinney, but they've already got Pirri and Brown. Quinney doesn't have to pass through waivers next season even though he's a year older than Duke. So Duke is probably the odd one out.

Kallionkielli Pirri Elvenes/Dugan
Cotter Quinney
Jones Brown Leschyshyn
Goulbourne ____ Rondbjerg

Schuldt Coghlan
_____ Pachal
Bischoff Corcoran/Bouchard

Dansk
Ferguson

NHL: Whitecloud, Roy, Kolesar

Pirri has to be a sort of valuable trade chip to throw in for a team looking for scoring depth, I would think he could be included in a trade.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The Wolves is weird.

Both this, & last season Dansk started with an awful sv% while the guy he shares the net with has a real good one. Then he crawls his back to the other guy's sv% throughout the season. And all season long the team can pretty much only win with Dansk in net.

Also, Elvenes, barely had any points last 15(?) games, still has 6 more points than our #2.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland

Morozov just scored his first goal in the KHL. 17th appearance was the lucky one.
And today Morozov played his first multi-point game in the KHL. In the first period he scored 1-0 goal between the dots with a one-timer. Podkolzin gave a great pass almost behind the goal line. In the second period, I believe Morozov played his first minutes on the powerplay in the KHL and immediately collected an assist. He was on his own office in the slot like always on the powerplay and got a secondary assist after Marchenko made a great cross-ice pass. SKA won the game 4-3.

Reactions: theslatcher

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
And today Morozov played his first multi-point game in the KHL. In the first period he scored 1-0 goal between the dots with a one-timer. Podkolzin gave a great pass almost behind the goal line. In the second period, I believe Morozov played his first minutes on the powerplay in the KHL and immediately collected an assist. He was on his own office in the slot like always on the powerplay and got a secondary assist after Marchenko made a great cross-ice pass. SKA won the game 4-3.

Love that Ska has kept the Marchenko-Morozov-Podkolzin line intact.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Love that Ska has kept the Marchenko-Morozov-Podkolzin line intact.
I have happy news. All those boys were invited to Russian senior national team for the first time!

Link: Senior national team roster for the Swedish Hockey Games

Goalkeepers: Igor Bobkov (Avangard), Timur Bilyalov (Ak Bars), Alexander Samonov (SKA).

Defensemen: Danila Galenyuk (SKA), Rushan Rafikov (Lokomotiv), Alexander Romanov, Bogdan Kiselevich (both CSKA), Nikita Lyamkin (Ak Bars), Artyom Sergeev (Salavat Yulaev), Grigory Dronov (Metallurg Magnitogorsk), Andrei Mironov (Dynamo Moscow).

Forwards: Anatoly Golyshev (Avtomobilist), Artyom Galimov, Dmitry Voronkov (both Ak Bars), Denis Zernov (Avangard), Kirill Marchenko, Ivan Morozov, Vasily Podkolzin (all SKA), Maxim Mamin, Andrei Svetlakov, Sergei Tolchinsky (all CSKA), Grigory Denisenko, Artur Kayumov, Pavel Kudryatsev (all Lokomotiv), Alexander Sharov (Sibir).
There are 14 forwards so two of them need to be out of the lineup at the same time but I would think that they will keep those U20 boys together because U20 head coach Bragin was named to be one of the assistant coaches in the upcoming Swedish Euro Hockey Tour tournament. However, Russia will play against Finland in its first game before two games in Sweden and if Morozov will make his senior debut in the first game of tournament against Finns, I have to go to watch that game live. :thumbu:

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Morozov re-signed with SKA until 21/22 so we won't be seeing him any time soon.
Great news. SKA is almost the best place to develop in the Europe and when the contract is over, Ivan is 22 years old so he will probably then be ready to play in the NHL. By the way, he was the first player in the history of SKA to score two goals and three points in one game under 20 years old. That happened yesterday. He has now six points in seven games. That is a positive signal because I have always thought that Morozov is a little bit more defensive than attacking minded two-way center. I also assume that he will be third center on the next season because that U20 line has showed that they can produce points among adults.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Great news. SKA is almost the best place to develop in the Europe and when the contract is over, Ivan is 22 years old so he will probably then be ready to play in the NHL. By the way, he was the first player in the history of SKA to score two goals and three points in one game under 20 years old. That happened yesterday. He has now six points in seven games. That is a positive signal because I have always thought that Morozov is a little bit more defensive than attacking minded two-way center. I also assume that he will be third center on the next season because that U20 line has showed that they can produce points among adults.

Another scout who follows the KHL said that Morozov seems to be the exact type of player that fits the VGK mold and said his style of play is exactly what they look for.

Reactions: Lehtonen

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Going simply by stats, it seems Coghlan is the more exciting prospect than Whitecloud, does that seem to be so watching the Wolves games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad