Prospect Info: Vegas Golden Knights Prospect/Henderson Silver Knights AHL Thread II

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Dugan hit the only shootout goal for either team to seal Providence over Cornell, and was tournament MVP.

Does he remind you of Neal?

Think we’ll sign Corcoran? Has played really well this season, PPG D-man as a D+2 defenceman.

If Demin & Diliberatore go back to college next year they should sign Corcoran and Bouchard. They have a lot of contracts on the Wolves they could stand to walk away from like Duke, Quinney & Lernout.

Should have signed Go Go Gadget Gogolev after rookie camp too.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Does he remind you of Neal?

Seems more of a leader type. As far as play on the ice, he isn't a netfeont lurker like Neal is. He is a big body and uses that with decent speed, too. I'm ata a disadvantage to compare because I didn't see young Neal.

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
I feel very bad for Morozov and Dorofeyev. A horrible way to lose probably your only chance to win WJC gold medal. They would have been the first two world champions in this organisation so history was not made today unfortunately.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I feel very bad for Morozov and Dorofeyev. A horrible way to lose probably your only chance to win WJC gold medal. They would have been the first two world champions in this organisation so history was not made today unfortunately.
Isn't wild Bill a WJC champ?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't think we should be giving Dugan in any trade yet.

I would like to see how he does in the NHL and then one of Dugan or Tuch could be traded, or Marchessault or Smith, depending on what we could get back for them.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Zykov has 5 goals his last 7 games and the Wolves are on a 3 game winning streak, climbing back to 3rd in the division.

Isn't that wonderful?

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Morozov played today his first KHL game of the season. He was on the SKA's 4th line with his U20 friends Podkolzin and Marchenko. That line created 1-1 goal in the 3rd period and Morozov should have collected his first career point in the KHL in his 12th appearance but officials didn't gave him an assist for some reason. There was a huge traffic in front of the net and Morozov managed to shoot the puck towards goal. After his shot, Ozhiganov put the loose puck to the net.

All in all, Ivan looked pretty comfortable among adults and was able to win face-offs (4/7) like in the World Juniors. His skating was not an issue like I though it would be. In fact, he was able to skate past opponents a couple of times when carrying the puck over the neutral zone to the offensive zone so that was a very positive signal. His acceleration and first steps looked very good also. Morozov was also able to find Podkolzin many times with the passes that lead to shooting chances so his calmness with the puck was there like in junior games. I hope that he stays with the big boys and SKA do not send him back to VHL or MHL because then I would be able to see him live when SKA arrives to Helsinki in February. Total ice time today was 9:24.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
@theslatcher There was a thing on the big screen at the game profiling Elvenes and it said he was 6 feet tall. Is this true or is it one of those sports heights where they say everyone is taller?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
@theslatcher There was a thing on the big screen at the game profiling Elvenes and it said he was 6 feet tall. Is this true or is it one of those sports heights where they say everyone is taller?
He measured in at slightly taller than 6'0 at the combine. He doesn't have a lot of meat on his bones though so he looks smaller.

I've always thought sports heights have been an issue due to using feet as a measurement, and the people measuring will round up or down however they feel like. So technically you could have a guy nearly 2 feet taller than another but because of how their heights have been measured they're reported as the same height.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He measured in at slightly taller than 6'0 at the combine. He doesn't have a lot of meat on his bones though so he looks smaller.

I've always thought sports heights have been an issue due to using feet as a measurement, and the people measuring will round up or down however they feel like. So technically you could have a guy nearly 2 feet taller than another but because of how their heights have been measured they're reported as the same height.

That's true about heights, you often get some that appear exaggerated.

I pictured Elvenes was a smaller player like Marchessault but apparently he is taller than Crosby, it probably increases his NHL odds if he can strengthen up. It's weird because I've watched some Wolves games and he does look small.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Elvenes could have handled the NHL physicality at 19. He's not small or slender.

Payload Peyton Krebs has 14 points his last 9 games. I'd say he's fully recovered from his ACL tear.
:jump:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Elvenes could have handled the NHL physicality at 19. He's not small or slender.

Payload Peyton Krebs has 14 points his last 9 games. I'd say he's fully recovered from his ACL tear.
:jump:

I'm really hoping they don't trade Krebs, Elvenes or Dugan. That could be a whole second line in a few seasons and they're all 19/20. That, Glass, Hague and not trading our firsts could help us compete in the future after our current players age out.

Build for continued sustained success.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas

Every November I grew 2 inches and lost 25 pounds when football season ended and basketball season began!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->