GDT: Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft | 5:00 PM | T-Mobile Arena | NBCSN, SN

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Big sigh of relief seeing the return for taking Thorburn.

Some nice young pieces, assuming most stick. Exciting next few days for sure.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I was hoping for a bit more heavy in 2018 but looks like they've only added one 2018 so far.

In terms of the scouts, they're at a real disadvantage to the 2017 ones. I'm sure scouts on other teams have far more data on certain 2017 players and can track trends just because they zeroed in on certain guys years ago and probably have been tracking certain players better. Our staff would just have the data from this season and any additional data only if they happened to be tracking that player from a previous job.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Today was fun but the next few days will be even more exciting. Three 1st round draft picks, a bus load of defensemen, and teams lining up to make deals with the Knights. Overall I think Las Vegas did better than I was thinking with the draft. I have to imagine the Knights switch in and out several players and end up with a few more draft picks as well. I can't wait for tomorrow and Friday.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
MAF is a total class act. You will love him and I think he will shine for you guys. I am now a fan of the Knights (after the Pens of course). Hopefully some good things happen tomorrow for you all!!

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
I love Fleury. I am gutted that he's no longer a Pen. He'll either play out his contract or be traded. He took one for the team.

He did take one for the team, but I see the fanbase embracing him. They already made him feel at home while he was selected. The Vegas franchise may fall in love with his personality the same way the Pens did, and may want to keep him until he retires.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
currently

Neal-Shipyachov-Smith
Haula-Eakin-Perron
Bellemare-Marchesseault-________
Pulkinnen-Karlsson-Thorburn
Lindberg

Lindberg or Karlsson could be trade for that right wing spot.

defense that I think is staying: Garrison, Theodore, Schmidt, Stoner, Sbisa, Emelin, Engelland, McNabb. The rest will be traded for prospects or picks.

Fleury
Pickard
Berube (AHL)

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I know this won't be final line-up just bored messing around with Vegas' preliminary roster.
Some defensemen are leaving sooner or later this summer.

Vegas Golden Knights Line-Up NHL

Line 1 LW Marchessault C Shipachyov RW Smith
Line 2 LW Perron C Lindberg (RFA) RW Neal
Line 3 LW Haula C Karlsson RW Eakin
Line 4 LW Carrier C Bellemare RW Pulkkinen (RFA)

1st D-Pair LD Methot RD Van Riemsdyk
2nd D-Pair LD Theodore RD Garrison
3rd D-Pair LD McNabb RD Schlemko

Goalie's:
Starter: Fleury
Backup: Pickard

Scratched List
RD Miller
LD Emelin
LD Sbisa
LD Merrill
RD Engelland
LD Stoner
LD Schmidt ~ RFA
LW Thorburn ~ UFA
G Berube ~ UFA
C Grabovski + Post Concussion Syndrome LTIR
RW Clarkson + Back (Career Ending) LTIR

Chicago AHL roster:
RW Tuch
LW Nosek
LW Leipsic
LW Gusev
C Duke
RW Hyka
LD Bischoff
LD Reinhart ~ RFA
C Brickley ~ UFA

My guess for Las Vegas' captains...
Captain: Neal
Alternate Captain: Bellemare
Alternate Captain: Engelland

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
currently

Neal-Shipyachov-Smith
Haula-Eakin-Perron
Lindberg

defense that I think is staying: Garrison, Theodore, Schmidt, Stoner, Sbisa, Emelin, Engelland, McNabb. The rest will be traded for prospects or picks.

Fleury
Pickard
Berube (AHL)

Not too bad. I wonder how different that lineup looks in a few days.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
He did take one for the team, but I see the fanbase embracing him. They already made him feel at home while he was selected. The Vegas franchise may fall in love with his personality the same way the Pens did, and may want to keep him until he retires.

The franchise and fans can love him all they want. It's clear that the they want him to be the face of the franchise but when he's asked about that he said that he didn't want to be the face of much and just wanted to play hockey.
I know with the salary cap and free agency that most players don't have a single team career, but it just doesn't feel right that he's no longer a Pen. I know it had to be done, but I just have this hunch that he ends up back in Pittsburgh.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I was hoping for a bit more heavy in 2018 but looks like they've only added one 2018 so far.

In terms of the scouts, they're at a real disadvantage to the 2017 ones. I'm sure scouts on other teams have far more data on certain 2017 players and can track trends just because they zeroed in on certain guys years ago and probably have been tracking certain players better. Our staff would just have the data from this season and any additional data only if they happened to be tracking that player from a previous job.

2018 will load up just fine. There will be a flurry (no pun intended) of moves tomorrow when the freeze lifts and George will be active again I am sure.

And then remember we will likely be players at the trade deadline, barring them getting off to a hot start. I expect them to sell/flip some guys they don't think will fit long term, maybe to include Neal if they cannot sign him.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Vancouver fan here. Liking your team! Good (Vancouver trained!) GM, lots of picks, and from what I saw of the arena when I stayed in Vegas last, nice location and amenities.

Yup, think it is going to go pretty well. Looking forward to the geographical rivalry and hopefully lots of road trips down there.

All the best, Vegasians, or whatever you call yourselves!

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
currently

Neal-Shipyachov-Smith
Haula-Eakin-Perron
Lindberg

Fleury
Pickard
Berube (AHL)

I really like this roster, a lot of quality throughout. There's holes, and the blueline is probably not going to be as solid as I expected, but the forwards have more scoring too.

Got a feeling they see Lindberg as a key piece, but I probably like him more than most. And I really like Neal, hope they can get him to agree to a non-long term contract and have him captain this team. Really glad that McPhee didn't cave on an easy deal to let the Preds protect Neal.

Camp's going to be fun to watch too with some of the prospects they acquired thrown in. I know Theo is going to show well, and if Tuch arrives in the manner the Wild expected him to last year watch out. That dude in particular could be an enormously critical piece if he starts figuring it out and he's in that window now.

No complaints here, basically. I am a very happy and excited fan right now. :yo:

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->