GDT: Vegas Golden Knights Expansion Draft | 5:00 PM | T-Mobile Arena | NBCSN, SN

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Commit Brickley? Don't know who that is. Car 2017 5th rounder along with that.

Chris Thorburn from peg. 1st rounder involved, no specifics yet.

Pierre Edoard Bellemare from Philly.

Jason Garrison from Tampa. Also Nikita Gusev, 2017 2nd and 2018 4th from Tampa.

Jf Berube from NYI. Grabovski, Jake Bischoff, 2017 1st and 2019 2nd also from NYI.

James Neal from the preds.

Deryk Engelland from Calgary.

Brickley is for AHL depth most likely -wait Carolina gave up a 5th??

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Commit Brickley? Don't know who that is. Car 2017 5th rounder along with that.

Chris Thorburn from peg. 1st rounder involved, no specifics yet.

Pierre Edoard Bellemare from Philly.

Jason Garrison from Tampa. Also Nikita Gusev, 2017 2nd and 2018 4th from Tampa.

Jf Berube from NYI. Grabovski, Jake Bischoff, 2017 1st and 2019 2nd also from NYI.

James Neal from the preds.

Deryk Engelland from Calgary.

Thank you.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Anyone think they're gonna keep any of the pending UFAs Thorburn, Engelland or Berube? Would be ironic since they made such a big deal about Engelland living in Vegas, but I just don't see any of them as worthwhile.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
The people complaining about Thorburn seem to forget that expansion teams always have a goon because many new fans feel excited over fighting.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Anyone think they're gonna keep any of the pending UFAs Thorburn, Engelland or Berube? Would be ironic since they made such a big deal about Engelland living in Vegas, but I just don't see any of them as worthwhile.

Engelland will likely bring some of the small portion of Wranglers fans that are anti-Knights into the fold. It's a good story, either way. Likely symbolic though. He's the new Zucker.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas

They're definitely holding onto Engelland.

He brings veteran leadership, he's alternate captain material, and he'll drop the gloves to protect anyone on the team. He's also not terrible defensively.

And also, he's a Vegas resident!! Of course they're not gonna let him go. Marketability. :yo:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Berube maybe. Never hurts to have a guy in the AHL. If he's not their guy, it's a throwaway pick to get the picks from NYI.

Engelland definitely. For the fighting and protecting kids and to be a fan favourite.

Thorburn maybe for similar reasons to Engelland. New franchises like to have some fighters. Fighting is down but it pulls in new fans.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Love the draft picks!

Plus (so far)...

James Neal
Cody Eakin
Jonathan Marchessault
Calvin Pickard

Not sure how to feel about: Pulkkinen, Carrier, Nosek

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Apparently there's a Winnipeg 1st. Is that the super secret 1st rounder they'll announce later?

I'm all messed up now. Stupid work.:laugh:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Third batch:

Toronto: F - Leipsic
Boston: D - Miller
Ottawa: D - Methot :yo:
San Jose: D - Schlemko
St. Louis: F - Perron
NYR: F - Lindberg