Zykov Stastny Tuch
Carrier Eakin Reaves
Pirri
Nosek

Hague Schmidt
Theodore Engelland
McNabb Coghlan
Merrill

Patches will score 40 goals with Glass. It would be the first time in his NHL career he's played with an elite playmaker, let alone a Right Handed elite playmaker.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm not sure it's a sure thing that Glass makes it. He's clearly NHL ready but he still gets pushed around pretty easily in traffic. The team has enough depth that I can see Turk send him back to Chicago for 1C duties.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Marchy WB Stone
Patches Glass Smith
Zykov Stastny Tuch
Carrier Eakin Reaves
Pirri
Nosek

Hague Schmidt
Theodore Engelland
McNabb Coghlan
Merrill

Patches will score 40 goals with Glass. It would be the first time in his NHL career he's played with an elite playmaker, let alone a Right Handed elite playmaker.

I think this lineup is great up front, and you could still mix and match the top three lines, as well as play various players in the third line wing and fourth line center positions. There would be little weaknesses.

I still think we will need a veteran top 4 RD to solidify the defense, and that would probably be near the deadline for a rental or a player with a year left on their contract.

If they can make a good trade (with the extra 2nd and 3rd rounders) then we can go into the playoffs with a better team than they have ever iced. There would be very little weakness in that lineup.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Didn't manage to catch most of the game. I did catch about 5 minutes in the 1st. Looked sloppy and Schuldt looked awful in what I saw of him, though Flower looked pretty on.

We actually played better the rest of the time right?

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Marchy WB Stone
Patches Glass Smith
Zykov Stastny Tuch
Carrier Eakin Reaves
Pirri
Nosek

Hague Schmidt
Theodore Engelland
McNabb Coghlan
Merrill

That's the way to solve the problem. What really is the hang up about playing Eakin on the 4th line? He is an overpaid 4th line C to be sure but it's an overpaid line so it might as well be one of the best 4th lines.

If you play Eakin on the 4th line you play it more which is a good thing. Get back to Year 1 when they consistently rolled out every line and let Reaves and Carrier grind on that opposing blue line.

Is it really right to have Roy make the team and send Glass back down? Why not play your best players? Glass belongs iin this top 6. Bumping Stastny and Eakin down a line makes the position stronger and Cup caliber IMO.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
That's the way to solve the problem. What really is the hang up about playing Eakin on the 4th line? He is an overpaid 4th line C to be sure but it's an overpaid line so it might as well be one of the best 4th lines.

If you play Eakin on the 4th line you play it more which is a good thing. Get back to Year 1 when they consistently rolled out every line and let Reaves and Carrier grind on that opposing blue line.

Is it really right to have Roy make the team and send Glass back down? Why not play your best players? Glass belongs iin this top 6. Bumping Stastny and Eakin down a line makes the position stronger and Cup caliber IMO.

I think that isn't a correct assessment of Eakin. No fourth liner scores 22 goals or 41 points. He is a very good center for a third line.

But putting him on a fourth line with Carrier and Reaves probably makes a top 3 fourth line and if Glass can step up then it doesn't hurt the top three lines.

Stastny on a third line with Tuch probably makes a top third line throughout the league and the top two lines could still be great if Glass can get up to speed.

Reactions: derriko

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Marchy WB Stone
Patches Glass Smith
Zykov Stastny Tuch
Carrier Eakin Reaves
Pirri
Nosek

Hague Schmidt
Theodore Engelland
McNabb Coghlan
Merrill

No way Hague plays top pairing, and McNabb won't play bottom pairing lol. When Hague finally stays up in Vegas he'll start off on the middle pairing, which is why I think we'll see him get sent down.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
No way Hague plays top pairing, and McNabb won't play bottom pairing lol. When Hague finally stays up in Vegas he'll start off on the middle pairing, which is why I think we'll see him get sent down.

I think you could be correct, he is in the AHL early this year to work on his skating.

I think Coghlan makes the team.

McNabb- Schmidt
Theodore- Engelland
Merrill- Coghlan
Holden

Yes, the team giving top 4 minutes to our aging, pretty-much-captain is a problem.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm not sure it's a sure thing that Glass makes it. He's clearly NHL ready but he still gets pushed around pretty easily in traffic. The team has enough depth that I can see Turk send him back to Chicago for 1C duties.
I have some weight I could give him :biglaugh:

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad