Speculation: Vegas gearing up for a big move? (upd: Brannstrom out with illness)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is silly and no reason to really keep going. Bran is sick which makes sense. No reason to worry

Well then stop going. McPhee built the core of the 2018 Capitals, save a couple of signings. It's asinine to suggest he 'ruins' the future of his teams and leaves the cupboard bare through his trades.

Not worried about bizarre hypothetical trades. The reality is VGK panicked & dumped Tatar and his cap after looking awful in the postseason, and moved their 4th best prospect for 5 years of Pacioretty - to be more competitive for now and the near future.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is silly and no reason to really keep going. Bran is sick which makes sense. No reason to worry
It would have to be a massive deal if he is a part of it. That guy is worth more than any rental this year so he's either sick or LVK fans need to seriously worry about their GM's sketchy trading track record.

I already told you I wasn't worried :laugh:

If you want to talk trades we could also talk about trading for Theodore and Tuch. Most people on the main board were highly critical of those moves for players under 23. :dunno:

So which is it? Incompetent GM leaves cupboard bare, or incompetent GM won't trade for veteran with less than 2 years term? His short VGK track record seems to indicate he doesn't want to give a top prospect for a player on a very short term...

Everything points towards free agency and bringing Gusev over this summer. Everything Vegas has said points to that. Everything the insiders have said point to that.

Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Well then stop going. McPhee built the core of the 2018 Capitals, save a couple of signings. It's asinine to suggest he 'ruins' the future of his teams and leaves the cupboard bare through his trades.

Not worried about bizarre hypothetical trades. The reality is VGK panicked & dumped Tatar and his cap after looking awful in the postseason, and moved their 4th best prospect for 5 years of Pacioretty - to be more competitive for now and the near future.

Chill out a second and stop making up things I didn't say.

My statement was the GM has a track record of making some really bad trades when pressured and I don't think that's very debatable. There is potential fear that it could happen again, and while we shouldn't expect that, its something to keep an eye out for. That's all.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas still dresses players like Deryk Engelland, Colin Miller, Nick Holden, and John Merrill and still manage to be pretty good defensively.

Brannstrom is about as likely to be moved as the team being relocated to New Zealand before the playoffs start.

Reactions: Knightmare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->