Speculation: Vegas gearing up for a big move? (upd: Brannstrom out with illness)

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Trading Brannstrom would be a big gamble that could turn into a circus circus unless the return was out of the stratosphere.

I'll show myself out, unlike when I run out of golden nuggets at the Rhino.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
LOL not ponying up for Karlsson last year was a bigger mistake. If they have good scouts, they will find another Brannstorm. Their window is now. They are competing with Sharks and Jets and Preds. If anyone those team make a big trade, Knights aren't beating them.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Jets could clear the space. It's been well-discussed and demonstrated on the Jets' boards.

Yes in Fantasy Land they have the cap space to sign him to the 9.5mAAV with bonuses that he wants.

In reality it's more like "god I hope he takes a discount to come home, while we trade off Laine before next season"

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

2017 first rounder D Erik Brannstrom was an unexpected healthy scratch for Vegas’ AHL team today. Could be illness or injury but it could also be a big trade chip. Something to keep an eye on.

It would have to be a massive deal if he is a part of it. That guy is worth more than any rental this year so he's either sick or LVK fans need to seriously worry about their GM's sketchy trading track record.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It would have to be a massive deal if he is a part of it. That guy is worth more than any rental this year so he's either sick or LVK fans need to seriously worry about their GM's sketchy trading track record.

Terrified. This guy built the 2018 SC Champs and one of the best teams in the league from scratch. I'm also scared they have a great prospect pool after only 2 drafts.

Reactions: Knightmare

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Terrified. This guy built the 2018 SC Champs and one of the best teams in the league from scratch. I'm also scared they have a great prospect pool after only 2 drafts.

Naw his successor build the 2018 champs. He traded Forsberg for Erat, 5000 picks for Tatar and then a Kings ransom for Patches.

The guy did a great job at the ED but if he has a red flag so far trades is up there. I think he has done a lot of things really well but its something you need to keep and eye on as it comes up from time to time.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Naw his successor build the 2018 champs. He traded Forsberg for Erat, 5000 picks for Tatar and then a Kings ransom for Patches.

The guy did a great job at the ED but if he has a red flag so far trades is up there. I think he has done a lot of things really well but its something you need to keep and eye on as it comes up from time to time.

LMAO McClellan signed 2 UFAs and traded for Eller. They still got trounced by the Penguins for years until they learned to win under Trotz. No rebuild necessary. They won with mostly the same core and the prospects drafted under McPhee.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
LMAO McClellan signed 2 UFAs and traded for Eller. They still got trounced by the Penguins for years until they learned to win under Trotz. No rebuild necessary. They won with mostly the same core and the prospects drafted under McPhee.

GM deserves some credit for creating some of that roster(although how much credit do you give a guy for lucking into Ovi?) but he was fired in 2014 and 4 years is a long time to give a guy who was gone a large chunk of credit. Not with you on this one.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
GM deserves some credit for creating some of that roster(although how much credit do you give a guy for lucking into Ovi?) but he was fired in 2014 and 4 years is a long time to give a guy who was gone a large chunk of credit. Not with you on this one.

It's just like how Brian Burke built the 2007 Ducks from scratch. What a visionary, acquiring Pronger & Niedermeyer. Nobody else could have thought of this.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It's just like how Brian Burke built the 2007 Ducks from scratch. What a visionary, signing Pronger & Niedermeyer. Nobody else could have thought of this.

This is silly and no reason to really keep going. Bran is sick which makes sense. No reason to worry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad