Speculation: Vegas gearing up for a big move? (upd: Brannstrom out with illness)

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

2017 first rounder D Erik Brannstrom was an unexpected healthy scratch for Vegas’ AHL team today. Could be illness or injury but it could also be a big trade chip. Something to keep an eye on.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Could be a piece in the Stone deal. Vegas is absolutely insane if they're buying heavy again.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Watching him in the last 2 WJC's, giving up Brannstrom would be a huge, huge mistake. Even if it's for a signed Stone IMO, due to the age difference and positions.

Reactions: Tex76

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Last weekend on Hockey night in Canada, Chris Johnston said that Vegas won't be making a big move. With last seasons accusations + trading Suzuki, I can't see them trading another top prospect.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Could be a piece in the Stone deal. Vegas is absolutely insane if they're buying heavy again.

Yeah, I'm not sure I would be spending big assets if I were Vegas.

Do a smaller move, maybe around your 1st rounder, but I wouldn't consider someone like Brannstrom.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Vegas acquires Stone for a 1st, Brannstrom, etc.

Jets sign him as a UFA in the off-season.

Poetic justice...

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Last weekend on Hockey night in Canada, Chris Johnston said that Vegas won't be making a big move. With last seasons accusations + trading Suzuki, I can't see them trading another top prospect.

His was more speculation that anything. Stone’s been linked to them for a while now. He’s close with Kelly Mcrimmon too.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Why trade Brannstrom? He's a good up and coming D for that team, getting rid of him would be dumb on Vegas' end.

Guess McPhee will do any trade as long as the team he doesn't want to face against in the playoffs doesn't get that specific player and he does. But I could also see it being Stone for another obvious Wheat Kings connection with McCrimmon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad