Vegas Expansion Draft: Metropolitan Division

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hagelin and Bonino are far from locks to be protected for the Pens; wouldn't surprise me to see Sundqvist steal a spot before either or for the Pens to go 4/4

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The Isles are likely to go 8-1 and don't need to protect 4 forwards at all. The fact you waffle on forwards past Tavares/Lee/Ladd and claim several times that the Isles are likely to lose a strong defenseman is all the more reason to go 3-5-1 instead of 4-4-1.

Unless there's a trade to bring in a forward, Tavares, Lee, Ladd, Leddy, Hamonic, Boychuk, DeHaan, Pulock is the preferred list, ensuring our five best defenseman remain in the organization at the likely expense of Nelson or Strome, who Vegas will be happy to take considering the lack of young top-6 forwards that will be available. If they still want to take a defenseman from us, they can choose from Pelech, Mayfield, or Hickey.

But you're not that far off. I've seen lists where Hickey gets protected over Leddy, where Chris Gibson gets protected over Griess, so when my biggest complaint is protecting Nelson over DeHaan, (something I wouldn't put it past Snow to do) eh it's a decent read of the situation.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Bonino is a pending UFA right now, so he won't be protected. Hagelin is a healthy scratch right now, so it's not a guarantee he'd be protected. The Penguins are going to go with 4 and 4 while using Fleury in some capacity to motivate Vegas into looking past Rust, whether it be by just drafting Fleury or trading Fleury to get Vegas into taking Hagelin or someone like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad