Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Man the Pacific division is ****.

giphy.gif

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
They are reasonably out of the playoffs if you use last year’s bar of 95 points and 41 ROW to make it as a Pacific Division team in the west.

However, this year, 3rd place in the Pacific is on pace for 82 points and 35 ROW. Vegas could still easily reach that.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
A team that rode a PDO bender regressed the next season?

THE HELL YOU SAY!

They didn’t actually ride a PDO bender. They had legit underlying stats and a pretty average PDO.

Obviously certain players did (ahem, Karlsson) but on average the team just played well last year. If anything they’re on the opposite of a PDO bender right now. Worst save % and 4th worst shooting % at 5v5.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
A team that rode a PDO bender regressed the next season?

THE HELL YOU SAY!

Last season Vegas were a very standard 100.5 PDO teams that outshoot their opponent.

This year they have currently a very unsustainable and bad 96.3 PDO that is outshooting their opponent by a lot and should regress upward to something more realistic like .98 at worst.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
They are reasonably out of the playoffs if you use last year’s bar of 95 points and 41 ROW to make it as a Pacific Division team in the west.

However, this year, 3rd place in the Pacific is on pace for 82 points and 35 ROW. Vegas could still easily reach that.

With Stastny and Schmidt I think they crawl into the ass end of the playoff race, 1st round date with the Sharks. Those are 2 important pieces on a team with little depth. But if more injuries hit, they could also use a high draft pick.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Meh it’s a the tail end of a back to back. And the Flames were due for some puck luck. They just cashed it all in on Vegas.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

The heck... Did the entire division just decide to take the season off?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That would require two of Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Anaheim, and Arizona making the playoffs.

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I loved their run last season but suspected it would be hard to sustain. That's usually what happens if you create a huge upset. If you beat the odds, the odds still exist over the long term.

I don't get why people hated their run or think it turned the league into a joke. It's a bunch of rejects (coach included) who bought into a system and rode a vibe. As a hockey fan, I loved every second of it and am sure it turned a lot of people around Vegas into hockey fans.

Man, those threads full of people calling McPhee a "genious" must be really amusing to read now...

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I loved their run last season but suspected it would be hard to sustain. That's usually what happens if you create a huge upset. If you beat the odds, the odds still exist over the long term.

I don't get why people hated their run or think it turned the league into a joke. It's a bunch of rejects (coach included) who bought into a system and rode a vibe. As a hockey fan, I loved every second of it and am sure it turned a lot of people around Vegas into hockey fans.

Man, those threads full of people calling McPhee a "genious" must be really amusing to read now...
I'd love to see some of those threads. All the threads I've seen for the most part have been people talking about how Vegas can't win the Western Conference year after year like that's some sort of high hockey knowledge take.

Glad you loved the ride.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Eh I give them credit. They made it farther than anybody in their own organization I think thought they could.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Pacific is terrible this season. If they knock off a few wins a row, they'll be right back in the mix

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Overachieved last year, underachieving this year.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Where are all the Vegas fans that said it wasn’t an anomaly? They got lucky and had years worth of tape on every team. No one had shit on Vegas. I’m glad they’re playing below average.

Reactions: amethyst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->