Vegas Cinderella story is over

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Last season they were legitimately good by every standard. Even when they struggled out of the gate this year they were playing alright.

Reactions: karnige

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Never personally had a bad experience with opposing fans but I went to the Ducks-Kings outdoor game at Dodger's Stadium and saw a car decked out in Ducks decorations absolutely covered in red slurpee, most of it melted in this disgusting looking red glaze. I mean there's a chance that a fellow Ducks fan had a personal vendetta against another but the betting odds are it was a pissed off Kings fan.

I am so sick of hearing about how ****ty Vegas fans are because of a few drunk idiots.
I’ve been to 2 games in Vegas. One with a nephew and one with my brother. Both left us with poor taste for their fans. I’d happily go again because I love away games. I just fully expect the XFL/monster truck crowd I’ve encountered there.

smd333

May 2, 2012
Even when this post was started I thought it was wrong. I think ppl don't watch Vegas much.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Haven't they won 8 of their past 10? Yes, they've played more games. However, they're winning them in convincing fashion.

I mean if you can ignore the 5-1 loss to LA that was arguably one of their worst performances to date.
He has a point. GMGM will most likely try to pick up a goalie at that point, depending on what situation we have. Wild Bill will most likely want to stay for personal reasons as well.
You'd hope at that point one of our 5 goalie prospects pans out properly.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Even when this post was started I thought it was wrong. I think ppl don't watch Vegas much.

They don't look the same as last season to me at all.

Maybe teams are preparing better for them or the "misfit" garbage just wore off in the locker room, but outside of MAF playing ridiculous again for three rounds I would have to see who they were matched up with in the 1st round before making a decision.

Reactions: Chips

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Can’t wait when Vegas picks up another group of good players teams can’t protect for the next expansion draft.

I don't understand this post at all.

Unless it's meant to be a humorous take on Knights fans lack of awareness and the Seattle expansion draft? :dunno:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
They don't look the same as last season to me at all.

Maybe teams are preparing better for them or the "misfit" garbage just wore off in the locker room, but outside of MAF playing ridiculous again for three rounds I would have to see who they were matched up with in the 1st round before making a decision.

They pretty much should have lost every series they played last season except the one they did lose. I oddly enough felt they may have played better hockey in that series than they did the first 3 but MAF sinply wasn’t good enough.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They pretty much should have lost every series they played last season except the one they did lose. I oddly enough felt they may have played better hockey in that series than they did the first 3 but MAF sinply wasn’t good enough.

Not trying to start an argument I swear, but they were badly outplayed at times by the Capitals. If they call that Reaves penalty on his goal in game one it might have been a sweep. But you are correct, MAF was really bad in the Final.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
It took Vegas 115 games to beat all 30 other teams in the NHL.... The Chicago Blackhawks are an O6 team and they still haven;t done that. :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Reactions: someguy44

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I already said this. vegas is a solid team. they just couldnt score to start the year. they still played great hockey. well its slowly shifting. its nice to see the haters shutting up

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I already said this. vegas is a solid team. they just couldnt score to start the year. they still played great hockey. well its slowly shifting. its nice to see the haters shutting up
There was always the potential to regression to the mean but the Knights started so poorly that there was a situation of having to regress upwards towards the mean. I'm not gonna go check the stats now but the first fifteen-twenty games the Knights were second in the league in shot differential while shooting at a hair over 6%.

The offense was there it was just nothing was going in. And it didn't help that every game they hit at least one post. And the psychological effect of that seemed to weigh on the team. It looked like they were playing frustrated.

Now they're pretty much all healthy, Tuch is playing exactly to the development curve a lot of people in Vegas were expecting. And the second line is finally all healthy and looked really good today. Karlsson is heating up. Smith's production is trending back towards the mean. The fourth line has been consistently solid all year (Will Carrier has already surpassed his career year for goals with 7 now). Schmidt hasn't lost a step. Theodore is mostly solid. Even the third line with guys like Lindberg and Nosek are starting to light it up.

But there's still some problems and work to be done before the playoff push. Miller is several steps back from the quality of play he had last year. Holden and Engelland do have their share of really good defensive plays but far too often are way out of position or flat out beaten. McNabb isn't quite the Manson-esque shutdown defender he was last year. Fleury, while responsible for a lot of brilliant saves hasn't been very consistent and Subban has been so bad that Gallant can't even bring himself to start him on the tail end of back to back games. And then there's been games where the entire team just doesn't have the right effort level. The loss to LA recently was arguably the worst team performance in team history (though not the worst result). They coughed away crucial points against New Jersey and almost did it again today against the Rangers. There's still a ways to go but I'm a believer that they can be a credible threat come playoff time. Gallant just needs to smooth out the rough points.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
They’ll compete hard with some other overrated team early, and get torn apart by a top team if Fluery isn’t on fire. There’s no denying how instrumental he was to them in the playoffs last season. If they play anywhere near that bad again they’re in trouble.

Medium-term, expect GMGM to mess it up if he stays too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->