Value of: Vegas - Buffalo

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
Sabres fan here...

Looking at Vegas and reading the tea leaves...seems like they probably want to move on from MAF and move a top 6 winger to promote Tuch up into the top 6.

Buffalo is looking for an upgrade in goal and more top 9 forwards (mostly top 6 RW and a 3c)...what forwards would be available?

What are the Golden Knights looking for and what would they be interested in from Buffalo for MAF and a top 6 forward or 3c?

Buffalo has a surplus of Right handed D (Risto, Montour, Miller even, etc.) but FYI, almost 0% chance we move Cozens and very little chance of moving this year's #8 overall but other picks/prospects are available.

Thanks

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Fleury has a 10 team no-trade clause. Buffalo is likely on the list twice.

With the only exception of him assuming Buffalo wouldn't want him, and including other teams to try and maximize his untradability. That's exactly what happened to Staal so its totally possible that MAF thought the same way.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Fleury probably has Buffalo on his NTC list, but let's say for the sake of this post he doesn't and we have Petro lined up to sign.

If Buffalo were willing to take on his full hit I'd do something like Fleury+Stastny for a 2nd/3rd.

Or Fleury+Marchessault for a 2nd++.

Reactions: Meeqs

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Buffalo wishing to double down on old vets or something ? Stall , fleury ? Buyer beware

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Fleury probably has Buffalo on his NTC list, but let's say for the sake of this post he doesn't and we have Petro lined up to sign.

If Buffalo were willing to take on his full hit I'd do something like Fleury+Stastny for a 2nd/3rd.

All of those players have M-NTC's though, wonder if any of them don't have Buffalo on it.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Buffalo wishing to double down on old vets or something ? Stall , fleury ? Buyer beware

They're trading away contracts hoping the players being traded back just retire rather than report to Buffalo.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Fleury might waive for a team like Buffalo if he really just wants out of Vegas. Even more likely if there aren’t any other suitors.

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015

Assuming Fleury has the same agent/made the same mistake as Stall I'd gladly trade a pick for Fleury & Stastny.

Hutton was among the worst goalies in the league last year and if Fleury can manage to be at least average it'd be a huge upgrade for relatively low cost.

I also like the idea of Stastny as a Vet 3rd line C, maybe we put Cozens on his wing to mentor him.

Deal.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Buffalo isn’t taking MAF unless a big sweetener is included.

With the extra space buffalo has, thry aren’t wasting it on him.

Reactions: Blitz

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Fleury might appreciate the fact he'd be the clear cut starter. If playing games is the goal he should take that into consideration.

Ullmark last season had a better sv%, better quality start %, better GSAA. Fleury would still be a hella overpriced backup unless Ullmark got hurt or shit the bed.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
You'd have to give up more than a 2nd or 3rd to get a team to take that much cap.

That's nice, but this thread was started by a Buffalo fan asking what the Knights would be looking for in return for those 2 players.

And I can promise you if the Knights wanted to move Stastny they would have no trouble doing so with the lack of quality centers available this offseason.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That's nice, but this thread was started by a Buffalo fan asking what the Knights would be looking for in return for those 2 players.

And I can promise you if the Knights wanted to move Stastny they would have no trouble doing so with the lack of quality centers available this offseason.
I can promise you that nobody is taking on $13m of salary in a flat cap world AND giving up assets.

That's straight up delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad