Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
stop-eating-animals-without-bbq-sauce-saw-this-on-a-55103516.png

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Actually living with a vegan I've grown into the assumption that a lot of this stuff people meme about vegan's is a simple necessity and a nuisance for them as well based on just how pervasive meat and dairy is in the various food industries - especially in past years when it was more of a fringe movement.

Like if you actually wanted to be vegan, how would you get around without 'letting everyone know you're vegan'. Sure there will always be a few people actually like that but how often does a basic necessity/requirement for the vegan get lumped into this strawman?

Reactions: Basement Cat

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I haven't completely cut out meat and dairy yet, but pretty close.

I agree that future generations will look down on us for all the needless pain and suffering we've inflicted upon animals. They live and die in horrible conditions.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Less meat eaters = cheaper meat = a happier me.

Don't get me wrong I love a good salad, stir fry or baked potato as well, but meat rocks.

Yeah, balanced diets are still the best for you, and fake meats are not healthier than real animal meat. Now, we can definitely make the argument of having better processes, but there are plenty of arguments that are misguided.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah, balanced diets are still the best for you, and fake meats are not healthier than real animal meat. Now, we can definitely make the argument of having better processes, but there are plenty of arguments that are misguided.

Agreed. The problem is that good food is so damn expensive.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

I'm no expert on the subject, but there seems to be quite a few sources out there claiming a plant-based diet can not only prevent certain diseases like heart disease and diabetes, but also reverse their effect

And because heart disease is more prevalent in meat-eaters, vegans and vegetarians tend to live longer

With that said, obviously a plant-based diet should be well balanced with fruits, veggies, legumes, grains, seeds, and nuts, but I don't believe meat and dairy needs to be part of our diet for optimal health

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm no expert on the subject, but there seems to be quite a few sources out there claiming a plant-based diet can not only prevent certain diseases like heart disease and diabetes, but also reverse their effect

And because heart disease is more prevalent in meat-eaters, vegans and vegetarians tend to live longer

With that said, obviously a plant-based diet should be well balanced with fruits, veggies, legumes, grains, seeds, and nuts, but I don't believe meat and dairy needs to be part of our diet for optimal health
The problem is if you have a diet high in fat, eating a diet with high levels of carbs throws your system out of whack big time. Add to that high levels of sugar and you are asking for medical problems.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia

I've tried a number of diets over the years. Including vegetarian, zero processed sugar and no white flower at all.

None of these diets made me feel nearly as well and energetic as an all round balanced diet with everything in moderation.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Less meat eaters = cheaper meat = a happier me.

Don't get me wrong I love a good salad, stir fry or baked potato as well, but meat rocks.

im not sure about that. Less meat eaters means meat will get insanely expensive.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

The Game Changers is a documentary that has been debunked many times. For an optimal diet for your body to perform to its best ability, you need animal protein, and there are many health benefits from them.

Choosing a different diet for specific health reasons or a different lifestyle for ethical reasoning is perfectly fine, I just don't like misguided arguments.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The Game Changers is a documentary that has been debunked many times. For an optimal diet for your body to perform to its best ability, you need animal protein, and there are many health benefits from them.

Choosing a different diet for specific health reasons or a different lifestyle for ethical reasoning is perfectly fine, I just don't like misguided arguments.

It's interesting that you brought up Game Changers, because I didn't

I haven't seen it, so I can't speak to what claims were made in that film

It's also interesting that you didn't address the specific diseases I mentioned in my previous message, or the fact that vegans and vegetarians tend to live longer than meat-eaters

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's interesting that you brought up Game Changers, because I didn't

I haven't seen it, so I can't speak to what claims were made in that film

It's also interesting that you didn't address the specific diseases I mentioned in my previous message, or the fact that vegans and vegetarians tend to live longer than meat-eaters
I'm not one of those that will bash a diet or the actual benefits of being vegan or vegetarian. I also don't think it's as simple as eating meat and being vegetarian because how much of the meat currently on the market is actually quality meat and not just overly processed crap? I think there are valid arguments on both, and it's much more nuanced topic that people want to give credit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->