Vedder's19 Draft (Discussion & Information)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Lets have discussion in this thread and leave the other one for picks.

I'll start off by saying I think Montreal only picked once. Should they not pick twice being at the top of the ladder?

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Am I ever surprised at how many young guys are going so soon. Not saying it's a bad strategy but shocked none the less. Staal, Cam Barker, Oelette ect. I actually originally had visions of Partice Bergeron being around for my fifth pick!!! Going to have to rethink the strategy yet again....... :shakehead

Not happy that Jason Spezza's gone before my second pick either!

Last edited:

Mat

ive got to strategize for my next pick
ive got a few guys lined up at every position, just need to pick what i should go for next

i'm still pissed that i didnt get either of palffy/gaborik/demitra

maybe i can trade later...

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
jumptheshark said:
aren't I just the little bugger--even thou I arrived late for the first round--still got my pick of the guy I wanted

And it was about three hours before I had to pick, actually it was also three hours before I even woke up................ :madfire:

You came within three hours of not getting Spezza.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
I dont know what i was thinking with Patrice Bergeron lol but i see him being really good so i went with him // ya i lost a few players i thought would be there later too

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
Mat said:
ive got to strategize for my next pick
ive got a few guys lined up at every position, just need to pick what i should go for next

i'm still pissed that i didnt get either of palffy/gaborik/demitra

maybe i can trade later...

Keep in mind that I am interested in Ruutu...

BringGilmourBack

Sep 1, 2003
C'mon guys this is kinda crazy, people are missing their picks and hence wasting other peoples time. I mean I know it happens to the best of us, but, there has to be a way we can speed things up. Any suggestions?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Vedder19 said:
C'mon guys this is kinda crazy, people are missing their picks and hence wasting other peoples time. I mean I know it happens to the best of us, but, there has to be a way we can speed things up. Any suggestions?

I say send a list to either me or Vedder of about 15 in each round, because we're always here (I know I'm always here) ... that's just my idea

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
there is a joke about playing with each other--but I wont go there

I am always here--On line for 12 hours a day at work

so try to picture how much my head hurts waiting around for my next pick

done all my accounting and 3am london time--I am more then a little bored

Mat

just so everyone knows, i'm filling in for Pittsburgh since the original guy dropped out

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I'm actually surprised to see how high the older players are going.. I'd rather start my franchise with a player that will be productive for another decade than for one who's on the decline and has no more than 3/5 years left.

mytor4*

heres an ideal on drafting. why not run every hour 24-7.
make the time list ahead.
1:00=mon june 28
2;00 tor june 28
3:00
and so on. could list out all thr rest of the draft this way. it would speed up the draft and you wouldn't be waiting in line . at 1:00 you pick your player and look up your next time slot, could adjust the times after every rd if needed

Feb 24, 2004
Ott = Snott said:
I'm actually surprised to see how high the older players are going.. I'd rather start my franchise with a player that will be productive for another decade than for one who's on the decline and has no more than 3/5 years left.

For my team, I'm going with more of a mix. I have Datsyuk and Doan sure, but Mike Modano is my veteran presence. Of course he's gonna decline eventually, but I figure he has a good 3-7 years left, with the way he moves his legs, and I really feel like that is a long time.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
leafs4thecup said:
For my team, I'm going with more of a mix. I have Datsyuk and Doan sure, but Mike Modano is my veteran presence. Of course he's gonna decline eventually, but I figure he has a good 3-7 years left, with the way he moves his legs, and I really feel like that is a long time.

I still find it tricky.. Say you have a young stud that won't reach his prime for another 3 years. Then you also have a high profile veteran but who only has 3 years left. Resulting in a lose lose situation for at least 6 years..

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
I've always liked the young approach more dont know why having both will kind of win yet never anything and going all young is building up yourself a dynasty

mytor4*

AnThGrt said:
I've always liked the young approach more dont know why having both will kind of win yet never anything and going all young is building up yourself a dynasty

LA selects there captain Scott Stevens :confused:

Feb 24, 2004
AnThGrt said:

Ya but at what point does it become too much of a crapshoot? I see all these teams drafting these young prospects who haven't played a game in the NHL(Rob Schremp for example). How do you know that these guys are going to reach the potential? For every solid prospect that pans out, there are 3 or 4 who don't.

I'll take a prospect eventually, but there is something to be said for proven NHL'ers that you know will do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->