Vatanen

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Our puck possession game is much better with Vatanen in the game. Souray would just ice it or chip it off the boards, Sami and Magnus can skate it out and set up a play.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Next season Vatanen will lead our defense in goals and it will not even be close IMO.

He is tied for first already. He and Fowler both have 3p in 9g :help:
Will be interesting to see who is our first defenceman who will score a goal this season.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I'm curious to hear Eenoks thoughts on this matter
Argentina_Ozzy_Osbourne.jpg

Oct 18, 2011
difference between cam and sami, is sami has confidence trying to create offense, the points are going to come, cam is always looking to give up the puck as soon as he crosses the blueline and would prefer to move sideways, rather than to keep trying to move forward.

of course a pathetic PP is going to hamper overall production

Bbird80

Oct 2, 2005
Watched the first 1,5 periods of the game against CBJ. Sami seems to be going through a rough time right now: many unforced errors and bad passes. Either his confidence is off or it's too high.

Do you see him being sent back to A when Sbisa returns? He needs to get his **** together. I'm glad Allen is playing better so Sami's mistakes don't end up on the scoreboard.

Maybe a game off would do good for him, but a goal would be even better.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I think lindholm has played vatanen out of a spot, wouldnt be suprised if he goes bacm to A

Different positions and roles. Sami has played himself out. Hasnt been as good as the normal sami is. the potential is there and needs to become his normal self at the moment its not good enough. Even tho his in a slumb id rather have him playing in the team than the lost cause norris E.Karlsson

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Vats is an nhl calliber dman right now. But id still put him as a bottom pairing guy, just based off inexperience.

He makes a ton of great plays, but isnt as reliable as a #1 guy.

stay with the club or ahl time .. either way he will work on things and only get better. Its fun to watch him, but we cant demand to see our ahl stars on the nhl club, then complain when the team struggles.

We can use sourray back. And frankly, im starting to miss sbisa. For all of sbisas flubs, they are less than vats or fowler.

Id be happy seeing sbisa come back and downgrade fowler into more limited icetime, until he plays for it. infact, id be happy if fowler sat next game in favor of fistric.

Fivefootseven

Feb 6, 2013
A goal would probably help Vatanen more than anything else at this point, just to get the monkey off his back. I think it's the power play that is chewing on his confidence the most. He must feel there's a fair amount of pressure for him personally to perform well on power play as his value for the team largely depends on it. But when the whole team is struggling he has started to question himself which has lead to overthinking instead of using his natural instincts that have brought him this far in the first place.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
Vatanen has probably the best breakout passes of the whole Anaheim D, but what interest me much more if anyone who watched the game live can confirm that he has broken Bobby Ryans "I am falling on the ice for no apparent reason" old franchise record in his last game? :D

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
The problem with sammy is .. His shot is not accurate enough in the NHL and the goalies are just that much better. Hes thinking to much out there, and sometimes hes over confident.. It will all come together sooner or later.. Hes got alot of upside..

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I think next season he will lead our defensemen in goals quite easily he needs a season of seasoning

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Vats is an nhl calliber dman right now. But id still put him as a bottom pairing guy, just based off inexperience.

stay with the club or ahl time .. either way he will work on things and only get better. Its fun to watch him, but we cant demand to see our ahl stars on the nhl club, then complain when the team struggles.

We can use sourray back. And frankly, im starting to miss sbisa. For all of sbisas flubs, they are less than vats or fowler.

Id be happy seeing sbisa come back and downgrade fowler into more limited icetime, until he plays for it. infact, id be happy if fowler sat next game in favor of fistric.

lol. i dont even know what to say to this other than you must seriously hate a personal issue with fowler or something cause i don't see how if you watched the games you'd think fowler was our worst d-man.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I'm not missing Sbisa and I bet Allen doesn't want to see him back either. LoL

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I think is offensive game will come. Big ? Was his defense and lack of size. This seaso n has already shown when paired with right guy he can make it work.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

You're comparing Fowler's flubs playing as the #1 to Sbisa's flubs playing as the #6? And how exactly does Sbisa returning make any impact on Fowler's ice time?

As far as Fistric over Fowler, literally the only way to interpret that is that you have a HUGE bet riding on Philly to win.

:huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad