• Vatanen

• Gardiner

Results are only viewable after voting.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Gardiner definitely gets his points but man his defensive game is :facepalm: worthy for me. Seen it for too many years I guess. Don't know much about Vatanen tbh, but he can't be worse than Jake can he? Ducks fans? Devils fans?
To be honest, Vatanen is solid, he does take some risks and at times it doesn't pay off, but he's our defensemen by far, like it's not even remotely close.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I do watch games, but I figured you'd want more than just my saying so that Gardiner is better. if that's all it takes then fine

Do you know what context means?

Just throwing advanced stats for the sake of arguing without putting them in context, is worth 0.

Gardiner is below average defensively. Andersen is having a great season, so shoving the gf% on the table without taking this into consideration makes your argument worth as much as my poopoo in the morning.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Just throwing advanced stats for the sake of arguing without putting them in context, is worth 0.

Gardiner is below average defensively. Andersen is having a great season, so shoving the gf% on the table without taking this into consideration makes your argument worth as much as my poopoo in the morning.
good thing I said xgf% too then, which takes into account the quality and number of chances that he generates/allows. Why don't you explain why Vatanen is better and cite real numbers?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Show your work then.

Gards and Vats have essentially identical rates of scoring chances against, according to NST. So what makes Gardiner significantly worse defensively?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->