Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Pod has been great since the WJC, Gonna be joining us soon!

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Kinda scary that so many people think he’s ready to just step into a top 6 role in the NHL. The NHL is miles better than the KHL, usually only the elite KHL’ers can actually step into top 6 NHL roles.
I don't really "expect" anything, but I think Hogs has shown that with the right environment people that don't necessarily have that precedent and "seem" ready for the NHL with playing just decently in a lower league can step in and make a difference. Pod has a pretty NHL-ready skillset and can contribute in a lot of ways even without scoring at will

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Kinda scary that so many people think he’s ready to just step into a top 6 role in the NHL. The NHL is miles better than the KHL, usually only the elite KHL’ers can actually step into top 6 NHL roles.

I just look at Pettersson comign straight from the SHL, Hoglander from the SHL & Hughes from the NCAA... why can't Podzolkin? I think he's built for this league.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can you imagine if Hoglander and Podkolzin ever end up on the same line in VanCity? They'll be a nightmare down low for NHL d-men with their dogged pursuit of the puck.....Maybe as early as the end of April?

Reactions: Luckylarry and Grub

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Can you imagine if Hoglander and Podkolzin ever end up on the same line in VanCity? They'll be a nightmare down low for NHL d-men with their dogged pursuit of the puck.....Maybe as early as the end of April?

Looks more then likely. If not the second line, Podzolkin will be an upgrade over Virtanen.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well after four successive years of Boeser, EP, Hughes and now Hoglander you can see why people are optimistic. Personally I’d be happy if he can step in and solidify our third line next year. Seems like a good place for him to start. But who knows? Maybe he can slot in on Horvats wing. He plays a responsible two way game so he’s definitely an option.

Reactions: Luckylarry

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I guess still no word on the World Championship being canceled so Podz can come right to Vancouver? I have a feeling they are going to happen as the vaccine will really have turned the tide in Europe by the end of April. I don’t think we will see Podkolzin this season unfortunately.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess still no word on the World Championship being canceled so Podz can come right to Vancouver? I have a feeling they are going to happen as the vaccine will really have turned the tide in Europe by the end of April. I don’t think we will see Podkolzin this season unfortunately.
The World Hockey Championships were scheduled for Belarus but were pulled from that venue amid controversies around the host country. So officially they have no official home. I'd be amazed that if in the next two months, the IIHF can find a new venue and work through all the logistics in this COVID world.

Besides, the NHL teams won't be in a position to release any players to this tournament. In the past, NHL players on non-playoff teams were eligible to play for their host countries. So there's no possibility that either Canada or the U.S. could send a team.

So for all these reasons, I'd still be banking on Podkolzin being in the Canuck uniform as soon as his KHL season ends.

Tony Stacks

Jan 30, 2012
Seattle
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Hoglander-Horvat-Podkolzin
Would be a nice top 6 at the end of the season if Podkolzin could step in similarly to Hog. Most likely though he'll probably be on the 3rd line.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I like Podz in our bottom six

____ ______ Podz
Motte Beagle MacEwan

this is who I want for next year, I love Motte and starting to really see MacEwan being part of this team, I hope Podz can be that bumper spot, first guy up on the top six when injuries or slumps happen. I also like Beagle as our 4 th line centre, he actually plays with leadership, great on the draw, good on the PK, chips in the odd goal.

Package Virtanen and Roussel and just be done with those two
Losey Erickson rides the pine
Baertschi gone
Sutter can come back for a fraction of his cost IF there isn’t an upgrade out there
Spooner off the books
Ferlund who knows

basically we need Podz in our bottom six not our top six, it’s not a matter of if he is good enough, it’s where he is needed

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands

I assure you it will not have turned the tide by the end of April. May will still see relatively negligible amount of people vaccinated here.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Would be a nice top 6 at the end of the season if Podkolzin could step in similarly to Hog. Most likely though he'll probably be on the 3rd line.
Wouldn’t we need to make the playoffs to have any games left for Pods to play this spring?

Deezone

Nov 10, 2020
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

If Green puts Podkolzin on the 3rd line, Podz will turn it into the 2nd line and Horvat will politely ask to play with Podz. :D

Reactions: 82Ninety42011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad