Prospect Info: Vasili Podkolzin, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Pod seems to be heating up. I see a 20-30 guy which spots him as a good 2nd liner. Unlike Virtanen, he puts in the effort and has a higher hockey IQ. Not to mention leadership qualities.

Reactions: Deezone

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Pod seems to be heating up. I see a 20-30 guy which spots him as a good 2nd liner. Unlike Virtanen, he puts in the effort and has a higher hockey IQ. Not to mention leadership qualities.

I wonder if a guy like Podkolzin could drag Virtanen into the fight. I'd be interested to see them play together before Podz gets a look in the top 6.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I wonder if a guy like Podkolzin could drag Virtanen into the fight. I'd be interested to see them play together before Podz gets a look in the top 6.

For sure, and it highlights the need for a legitimately good 3C to play between them. I'd even look at Pettersson there and put Gaudette or even Motte on the top line, just to spread it out and have a different look.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Podkkolzin has a goal in today's match (SKA leads 2-1 in the third).

edit: oops. late to the party.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can you imagine a 'second line' of Horvat, between Hoglander and Podkolzin? Talk about a beastly line.

And depending what happens in the KHL playoffs, Podkolzin could be signed and in the lineup by early May. No matter where the Canucks are in the Canadian Division at that time, it'll definitely be a positive storyline for the team and the city.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
For sure, and it highlights the need for a legitimately good 3C to play between them. I'd even look at Pettersson there and put Gaudette or even Motte on the top line, just to spread it out and have a different look.

I don't really have much faith in Gaudette anymore as a center but when it comes time to throw the lines into a blender this would be an interesting combo to try out.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I wouldn't have Gaudette centering any line but he's a good finisher who is slowly improving. Problem is he needs to be properly utilized and to actually get minutes.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
So what are we looking at next year with Podz coming over

Miller - Petey - Brock
Podz - Horvat - Hogs
Motte - Gaudette - Virtanen
Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen

we really need some bottom 6 centres. I think ideally after next year we move gaud to wing.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
So what are we looking at next year with Podz coming over

Miller - Petey - Brock
Podz - Horvat - Hogs
Motte - Gaudette - Virtanen
Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen

we really need some bottom 6 centres. I think ideally after next year we move gaud to wing.

Need to upgrade on that 3C. Hopefully, they'll be some 1-year covid rentals.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Kinda scary that so many people think he’s ready to just step into a top 6 role in the NHL. The NHL is miles better than the KHL, usually only the elite KHL’ers can actually step into top 6 NHL roles.

Reactions: HedonisticAltruism

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Kinda scary that so many people think he’s ready to just step into a top 6 role in the NHL. The NHL is miles better than the KHL, usually only the elite KHL’ers can actually step into top 6 NHL roles.

It’s more with our cap situation we don’t have much of a choice. Sort of like Hogs this year.

Reactions: HedonisticAltruism
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad