Vasilevskiy Save of the game? Night? Year?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
48 saves against the best team in the league. Not too bad in his first game after missing a ton of games with a broken foot.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He can’t play against his own team. Leafs were 2nd best, they might be 3-4 now. I haven’t looked at the standings.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sk8M8

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
Respect to this guy. What a ****ing beast! :clap:

Toronto had almost 50 shots and he laughed at every single one of them. Calling it right now, Tampa is winning the Cup. That team is stacked.

Did he laugh at the Kapanen goal? That seems weird to me.

Guarantee you Vasi played football (soccer) when he was younger. That´s a soccer move but usually used in offensive dirbbling.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
He had a few great saves tonight. That was just the best of the bunch. Unreal.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Gotta tip your hat to him. He played out of his mind last night and had everything working for him.

SF91

Nov 12, 2015
20 of those saves were softies. SOG can sometimes turn the perception of a game. Lightning physicality is and will be the difference between these teams (same with Boston for Leafs).

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Those 2nd effort saves he made last night reminded me so much of Hasek. If he's not already the best goalie in the league, he's very close and most the certainly the most athletic one I've seen in quite some time.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
It’s ok you were wrong about him being an average goalie.
Hard to say what he is at this point. Phenomenal start to 17-18 but really sucked down the stretch. Fine in the postseason and to start this season. Then an otherworldly performance last night. He definitely has the tools to become an elite goalie, he just has to get more consistent and not have a stretch like Jan-Apr. so for now he’s an average starter or so but the upside is clearly there and he showed why last night.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
20 of those saves were softies. SOG can sometimes turn the perception of a game. Lightning physicality is and will be the difference between these teams (same with Boston for Leafs).
Yeah it was inflated by some softies for sure, but a few of those saves were absurd

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Just for reference, this is how well Vasi played last night.
At all strengths 49 shots, 39 scoring chances and 21 high danger ones.....He let in one goal.
What a monster.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

Doubtful. Your defense looked no better than the Leafs last night and this physicality you speak of was nonexistent. Difference was pretty much Vasilevskiy and that's all.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
48 saves against the best team in the league. Not too bad in his first game after missing a ton of games with a broken foot.

The leafs are pretenders really lol. They peaked early as well. That team faces yet another predictable 1st/2nd round exit.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Yeah I was wondering if this thread would get made. He was a monster. He had an entire highlight reel worth of saves last night.

Leafs outplayed them last night. Ovver double their shots, had more high danger chances than Tampa had shots, etc. Anyone who claims the Leafs defense isn't good enough to win didn't watch Tampa.. Coughing up pucks, scrambling, giving lots of high danger chances. Vasi was just unreal.

I think Tampa can play better but at the end of the day, I think it shows that Toronto faces a lot more scrutiny than they should. This could be a very close series over 7 games. Both teams can have breakdowns and get bailed out by their goalies and both teams can score in bunches.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Can we talk about how unfair it is that Tampa has Vasilevskiy in the first place? Yes, anyone could have drafted him. But it's amazing how everything they touch turns to gold.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Can we talk about how unfair it is that Tampa has Vasilevskiy in the first place? Yes, anyone could have drafted him. But it's amazing how everything they touch turns to gold.

I think every other team gets what they deserve by passing on an obviously top 10 talent in his draft year just because he's Russian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->