Vasilevskiy Save of the game? Night? Year?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yeah, when he ran out of steam toward the end of last season people seemed to just kinda forget how good he was. He's also loads of fun to watch.

Mar 26, 2010
Respect to this guy. What a f***ing beast! :clap:

Toronto had almost 50 shots and he laughed at every single one of them. Calling it right now, Tampa is winning the Cup. That team is stacked.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Going into tonight I thought he was one of the best goalies in hockey. Now I know he probably is the best.

Tampa had no right to be in that game at certain points. So...uhh...God help us all when he and they play well in unison.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
if vasilevskiy can play at his start of 17-18 form for a full year ill accept him as a great goalie. so far this year its been a mixed bag and it was a train wreck down the stretch of last year. but tonight was an indication of better things to come.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Haven't seen a goalie steal their team a win like that in a long time. Vasilevskiy survived 21 shots in a 10 minute span to start the 2nd period and turned away close to 50 shots, most of which were very high danger from one of the best offenses in the league. Got lucky with about five posts but his athletic ability is something no goalie in this league can match.

Interesting that a lot of Tampa fans didn't want him to start tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Haven't seen a goalie steal their team a win like that in a long time. Vasilevskiy survived 21 shots in a 10 minute span to start the 2nd period and turned away close to 50 shots, most of which were very high danger from one of the best offenses in the league. Got lucky with about five posts but his athletic ability is something no goalie in this league can match.

I would have been fine with sitting him, even if it meant losing. I'm mainly concerned about keeping him healthy for the playoffs.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

Very little to do with us not wanting him playing, more like he's coming back from a broken foot 2 full weeks earlier than the most athletic individuals in the world do... 4 weeks is the literal earliest people can come back from that injury, and his FIRST game back is against #2 in the league?

Yea, I'd have been fine with benching him for 1 game to let him get back into the groove.

Naturally he had to prove all of us wrong and come back with what is quite literally a candidate for save of the decade

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Somethings always “of the year” when it involves the leafs so of course.

But VASILEVSKY is elite

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That probably won't even be the best save he makes in the next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad