Post-Game Talk: Varly & Grubi visit the champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
To me that was a panic challenge. Like “If they really tied it we’re in trouble”.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Issues between the players and the coach? That first line was scoring in bunches until Mac and the coach had an argument on the bench - ever since then the Avs have struggled.
Hmm didn't know that Mac & your HC had words. This game will most likely be close. The Avs board acting like it was going to be a bad loss was almost funny to me :innocent:

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
You think it’s funny, huh?

You think we challenge that up 4-0? You think we challenge that if we’re not in the middle of a slump while on a home stand?

There’s no way they could have thought it was an obvious offsides. They would have had to know it’s very close. With a penalty at risk most successful, confident teams don’t take that chance. That’s what a slumping Colorado does.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Hmm didn't know that Mac & your HC had words. This game will most likely be close. The Avs board acting like it was going to be a bad loss was almost funny to me :innocent:
I think Mac snapped at him near end of a game and said something to the effect of, ‘Do your F****** job!’

Lol. Reminded me of the time Ovie was caught on replay calling BB a ‘fat f***.’

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

It actually produced a pretty funny gif where Landy accidentally knocked MacK backwards off the bench lol.

Reactions: Heath

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You think it’s funny, huh?

You think we challenge that up 4-0? You think we challenge that if we’re not in the middle of a slump while on a home stand?

There’s no way they could have thought it was an obvious offsides. They would have had to know it’s very close. With a penalty at risk most successful, confident teams don’t take that chance. That’s what a slumping Colorado does.

You are way overthinking this. It was a bad call from upstairs nothing more nothing less.

I have seen coaches challenge much more obvious ones they were never gonna win a million times.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Glad Kuzy buried it to be safe, but I wish it would have been Ovie’s goal haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad