Denver Post: Varlamov turns himself in to police *Read Mod Warning Post 23 & 275*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruston*

I guess I was right about Giguere's role as Varly's mentor being overblown.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is impossible to speculate until we have more details on what Varly is facing. I doubt this has a huge impact on the season unless Varly did something really dumb.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
It is impossible to speculate until we have more details on what Varly is facing. I doubt this has a huge impact on the season unless Varly did something really dumb.

I think the fact that he turned himself in is reason to speculate enough. I have no idea what it means. I feel like that could point to either extreme

BlackRedYellow

Jun 9, 2011

The good thing is that it wasn't so bad it was immediately called in by a third party. The bad news is that it was bad enough that Varly felt the need to turn himself in.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
First thing that comes to mind: Hope he is okay, and anyone else that might have been involved.

The second thing:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ah man what the hell? This does not seem in character at all for Varly. Just when things were going well, and there was just a story on TSN about Patty going out of his way to skate with him during practice to tell him how proud he is of him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the fact that he turned himself in is reason to speculate enough. I have no idea what it means. I feel like that could point to either extreme

It could easily mean either one or something in between. Hard to know at this point... More details will emerge soon and we will know a lot more.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
As much as this could possibly suck for the Avs, I hope whomever the victim was is okay

I heard there was hospitalization ... that's why he turned self in. (I'm sorry if that's rumor -- my mom called me and said that was on the news, so it's third hand, but I think it's better than rumor.)

Crap.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Is it bad that I laughed when I saw this?

It's probably nothing it'll blow over in a week.

Depends in what context. I originally laughed at the fact that just when things are looking bright, this happened. Hopefully everything turns out to be okay for Varlamov and whoever else is involved.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'll wait til all the details are out to truly comment. But what is the deal with Denver teams this year? So many run ins with the law.
Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding and doesn't become a big distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad